Bear Grylls Parang N' Stuff

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
i wouldn't even give it a second thought bear isn't the real deal and he knows nothing about knives.its just trading on his name.
i also never Carry so many tools on one sheath if you lose it you lose everything.:confused:

reminds me of all the survival knife squaddies from,how can i put it not so well trained army's bought from the PX in Bosnia.
absolute rubbish,i just had a Gerber gator 10 times better which was all i needed mostly for cutting bread and ropes :)

Mar 14, 2011
london
hi every one, i believe bears parang is too curvey and good for slashing. if you compare it to Rays Parang you can see the diffrence and its not a good bushcraft tool.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
still doesnt sell it to me!! it looks like a toy and i could never bring myself to take it out in public. granted i havent used or held one but the whole thing seems a bit of a joke in my opinion.

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I did manage to draw a decent resemblance between BG and Sporticus, I still certain one is the other and vice vici.

Still going to give the parang a go at some point though, even if just to show JonD what a proper one is like.

yerbache

Forager
Nov 30, 2010
Bridport
i wouldn't even give it a second thought bear isn't the real deal and he knows nothing about knives.its just trading on his name.
i also never Carry so many tools on one sheath if you lose it you lose everything.:confused:

reminds me of all the survival knife squaddies from,how can i put it not so well trained army's bought from the PX in Bosnia.
absolute rubbish,i just had a Gerber gator 10 times better which was all i needed mostly for cutting bread and ropes :)

Sorry butit looks like a peice of ****! Having the name Bear Grylls on it gives the notion that it shuld be avoided at all costs!

Have to say I wasn't keen on Bear Grylls before - and I'm even less so now....why put your name to something functional, practical and useful when you can slap it on some piece of trash like this...... Take the lame walk of shame, "Bear"......(smirks)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE