Bear Grills Law Breaker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
Does anyone know who the "survival" advisers are for the progs ? or does he do it himself. I've looked on the credits but cant' seem to find any reference. It will be them to blame for the bad and dangerous bits.

fast but dim

Nomad
Nov 23, 2005
lancs
just asked him, he thinks survivorman is best though.

got to agree with him about survivorman, bought him a filson tincloth packer hat for xmas:D

hoodoo, agree that bear is a dipwad.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
why are we even giving such a looser the time and energy he doesn't even deserve so what he broke the law and well his show is rubbish entertainment and thats all so forget it
drew

just my honast opinion and i am by no means calling bear gryls a looser its just that the guy who presents the show is idiotic when it comes to an survival and we both know ray is really the man when servival is at stake.
the reason for saying that is i have not met the guy and well in real life he is probally a decent guy

Rod

On a new journey
my son thinks bear grylls is miles better than ray mears.

I take a lot of Kid's adventure activities, and most 6-12 year old lads I work with think that Grylls is some kind of god. :eek: I have to explain that: like the tooth fairy and santa, he's only make-believe for the telly. Ah there there ;)

Apologies for all those leaving glasses of milk and mince pies by the Christmas tree tomorrow evening. Bad Rod, Bad Rod

Baa humbug!

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
saw an episode of top gear recently where they burnt a morris marina, the following week they had complaints from the morris marina owners club, saying how irrisponsible it was to destroy such an obvious classic etc etc

I can imagine the producers of bear grylls show having a right laugh at the complaints they get mailed from the annoraks of the bushcraft community, stating how utterly irresponsible bear is with his survival advice.

Im suprised some of yous aint up in arms about the factual content of 'im a celebrity - get me out of here' n all.

:lmao: wrap up!

I agree, I cant beleive theres a thread about this....listen to yourselves.

Mooseman1

Forager
Dec 22, 2008
London UK
I agree with Hog on this one, for a former member of the regiment (be it TA) behave in such a BS way and to give out poor advice is a waste of tube juice. Might aswell watch the Tellytubbies or re-runs of the wombles.........Uncle Bulgaria rocks!

swagman

Nomad
Aug 14, 2006
Tasmania
The thing is this thred is not lets slag bear of its has he been breaking the law.
If he had come to England and batterd a badger ther would be hell to pay on here.
I have also seen him kill a huge moniter lizard which is disgraceful when its for tv
only.
But as said ALL Australian snakes are protected.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Is this the snake that he is supposed to have "killed" that was actually found dead at the side of the road?

:censored: Son of a politician.
220.gif

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Now now Man vs Wild is just the first step. Its designed for more commercial things

Soon it will be a computer game of the same name and then we all can play it on the Easy, Moderate and Difficult options!

You pick an character for each level - RM for Easy, Les Stroud for Moderate and Bear (naturally) for Difficult and the just chose want you want to do :D

Those who want can find the long way down or climb down or just leap without checking. And if you die just play it over again.

Wayland - Interesting link that. Don't quite agree with all what they say about waterfalls

Here is a photo of one of my volunteers going down a waterfall with a rattan vine. No climbing harness.

ENVcourseandGAPSmall.jpg

JohnH

Dec 12, 2008
Portsmouth
For someone so hated, he's getting an awful lot of press and 'blog-time'.

I enjoy his show, I must admit. It's entertainment and certainly beats 'Celebrity' I'm a Noone Get Me Outta Here. For all of the chest beating on here, show me an instance where he has actually 'lied' or provided false information.

He is there for ratings and ratings only. Mears has about half the ratings (albeit far more professional ones) that Grylls does. Why? Ray Mears is far less entertaining, let's face it. If I teach a class on Survival, I use Mears. If my wifes wants her school kids to shut up for half an hour at the end of term, she uses Grylls.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Can you not tell the difference between reality and entertainment?
There seems o be some people who think that if it's on the television it must be true,Here's an eye opener for you John Rambo is really an actor and he didn't actually do the things in the film.
Treat all T.V. for what it is , ENTERTAINMENT , and learn to tell the difference.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Can you not tell the difference between reality and entertainment?
There seems o be some people who think that if it's on the television it must be true,Here's an eye opener for you John Rambo is really an actor and he didn't actually do the things in the film.
Treat all T.V. for what it is , ENTERTAINMENT , and learn to tell the difference.

Rubbish of course he did, you arnt seriously telling me that my authentic Rambo endorsed head tie wont give me supper human fighting ability and a unlimited mag for my rifle; it came from a reputed 96% positive ebay seller seller and all :D

Going to have to send back my ginger wig and swandri now, sadly the paunch is all my own :p

Fallow Way

Nomad
Nov 28, 2003
Staffordshire, Cannock Chase
Does anyone know who the "survival" advisers are for the progs ? or does he do it himself. I've looked on the credits but cant' seem to find any reference. It will be them to blame for the bad and dangerous bits.

Some very respected instructors from the UK have been advisors on his show. However it has to be recognised, that is all they are, advisors. The way in which their advice is taken, used and presented is up to the Director, Producer and the Presenter themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE