BCUK Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
jack29g said:
so, does anyone know for definate how to book a place

I do :D

If you'd like to pay via pay pal then give me a PM, I'm also happy for people to pay on the gate so to speak. I know that many like to pay up front to make sure that they can go, this also makes it easier for me as I know more about numbers.

The next ones will be much more organised when it comes to booking etc

I hope that helps

M

marcja

I'll most likely be using tarp & hammock (never been a big tent fan - in fact I don't own one!!).

Any ideas as to what or where I can store my kit safely, when I'm out and about seeing the sights etc (I'd rather not have to carry it around with me all weekend. Or will it be safe enough left wherever I set up my bed.

Appreciate your suggestions.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I couldn't see anyone walking off with anything really mate, of course there is a chance, but i'd be willing to take the risk myself.

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Tony said:
I'd like to say it's safe where you set up, there's no one else on the site except for us lot, so, there's no wandering strangers etc

Never heard of any problems (touch wood) with anythng going missing from the campsite (Would you want to risk it with all the knives, axes etc. that are going to be on display!!!!). I'm coming along and will be happy leaving my gear in my tent.

There have been a couple of thefts from cars recently - a rare occurrence. Steve the Estate manager is onto it and has passed the car reg. of onto the Police so that should be sorted soon. If there are not too many people we should be able to park vehicle in the campsite itself so this won't be a problem. If you are planning to visit on your own bear in mind that although the car park has somebody manning it during the day at weekends during the week it may be unattended. So if you are visiting don't leave valuables (money, eqpt. whatever) in your car. Common sense but you would be surprised how many people still do it.

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Well as SWMBO and the kids will be at the Peak 2005 Guide and Scout camp me thinks a long weekend in S Wales sounds like a good idea! So barring unforseen disaster I'll be there.
Cheers
David

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
I'll have my tent with me but also hammock and hoochie. Havn't got a clue how to set up the latter hope someone will be able to show me. The other thing that's be totally cool if anyone is up for it is to see how you moccasin makers did it.
Me I'm happy to takl knives and knife making with anyone who will listen!
Cheers
David

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I'll talk sharps! :D

I'll show you how to put up the hammock if you don't know how :)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
dtalbot said:
I'll have my tent with me but also hammock and hoochie. Havn't got a clue how to set up the latter hope someone will be able to show me. The other thing that's be totally cool if anyone is up for it is to see how you moccasin makers did it.
Me I'm happy to takl knives and knife making with anyone who will listen!
Cheers
David
I'm not expert by if you catch me at a quiet time I'll happily talk you through what I did. I'll bring mine along anyway so you can how they turned out.

Cheers

Mark

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
is there anyone coming who is confident enoungh in a subject to run a workshop at the moot and pass on there knowleadge to others?

if you are send me a PM and tell me what you would like to teach, and I will make arrangments for you.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Biddlesby said:
Following that request I'd like to reiterate the fact that I'd like to learn some knots there :). Simple ones will do.

I have a few good books on knots - inc Ashley's - the knot tyers bible - I will bring them along.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
shame, I can take my dog into the public car park and wander about the dunes to my hearts content... Oh Well. I suppose I can just pop down for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE