BCUK Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody

Forager
Just a thought...if any one would like a lift down to the Moot, I will be leaving Hereford early Saturday morning and returning Monday PM. Happy to give any one a lift down that lives in the area and is struggling for a means of getting there.
pm me if interested...3 seats available 1st come basis

Woody.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Jak, no my mum isn't coming to this one, but I hope to get her in a tent for the July meet in Wales. I think that she really enjoyed walking the dunes, and with B&B as back up the odds are good :D

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
well, that's my train ticket booked!
i'll be arriving at bridgend at 1606 and walking to the site, i might meet some folks on the train, you never know!!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This is the first Spring meet up we've done so I'm not sure yet, I expect that there will be a few more coming to the Summer one but I might be wrong!

shanec

May 11, 2005
Didcot, Oxford
sorry if this was asked before and i missed it but i was wondering can i pay for it when i get there? i will be staying from fri-mon hopefully. Thanks alot and see ya there :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
For the elders that might still be reading this thread,
I've been mulling over the idea of making an appearance on saturday afternoon. Here's the hitch. I'll have worked the previous night in Reading, Berks, (so I won't be too far away, though I'll be dog tired!) and have a commitment to be in South Wales by saturday evening.
So is it worth calling in for just a few hours, say 1pm till 4ish, or would it be better to wait until another meet?

ATB

Ogri the trog

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ogri... it will be free for you as you're not there for the whole thing, so you're not going to loose anything by popping in and getting to meet a few of the folks and sitting in on anything that's of interest to you during that time. So, I'd say, come on by and get involved and then come to all the four days in July :D

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Tony,
Damned decent of you Sir.
Its not often you'll get an offer like that.

See you Saturday afternoon then.

;)

Ogri the trog

Can't promise July though - it depends on the dreaded shifts...... and family......and animals.......and etc etc.

May 24, 2005
Guildford, Surrey
Hi, I am thinking of attending on Saturday only, but I have a problem with transport as I dont drive. Do any of you who know the area know if there is a bus from Reading to the Ipsden?

Thanks

-- Eric

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Dunno about a bus ? but there is a train from Reading to "Goring and Streatley",
PM Tone, so that we can organise lifts from the station.

Cheers
Rich

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
Will PMR radios be in use during the meet? If so, is there an agreed on general calling channel (and sub code) to use.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Sorry to ignore the previous two questions, but I just want to advertise something.

I live near Norwich, in Norfolk. I'm going with Dad, in a five-seater car. So, in theory, there's room for another three people (with not-excessive amounts of luggage). I'm already organising a lift with somebody, so there are one or two spaces free if anybody wants a lift and wants to share petrol costs, and who lives on the way to Reading.

We would be leaving Saturday Morning, and returning on Monday Afternoon.

Cheers.

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
Ack... Just joined and found out about the meet.

Not going to make it to this one - got a previous appointment with a pizza in Sorrento. Yup - that's Italy, Pompeii, Vesuvius etc, so I'm not really complaining too much :D

Hope everyone has a good time

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Talking of lifts.... I'm coming from maidstone. kent - just me in my estate. So if anyone needs a lift just PM me - im gonna be there from Friday to Monday.

shanec

May 11, 2005
Didcot, Oxford
Sorry to ask again but nobody anwserd me i duno if you didnt see my post or just didnt wana repply lol, can i pay when i get there or do i have to do it over paypal or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE