BCUK Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shanec

May 11, 2005
Didcot, Oxford
Thanks again Tony :)

And it looks like its gona be really nice weather! :) about 25 degrees its saying wich is really nice! i just hope there is a cool breese to go along with it ;). Just found out i got work tomrow aswell so i might arrive a little later than i wanted too, shouldnt be much later tho ;) see ya all there!

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Tony said:
No idea where the shops are, but I doubt they’re very far and someone will always pop down there if needed. I expect that people will share a bit as well. So, take some dosh just in case. I’ll have a few bcuk bits and bobs there like the last meet.

Cost of entry is for camping fees, all the workshops are free (only cost that there might be is a contribution towards arrows for the archery), there should no need to enrol in workshops, just go to the ones you’re interested in, yes there’s toilets (compost) and showers (woodburning) so no need for a spade and it’s £20 for everything.

Hope that covers it

There are some shops about 10 mins away in the car, and I expect that there is a village shop a bit closer.

So far as the archery goes, we will just be running a donations box and asking participants to write their name in the book.

I will be the bloke standing by the back of my truck sticking new piles on the arrows, and trying not to glue myself to anything :D

Kirruth

Forager
Apr 15, 2005
Reading
www.bayes.org.uk
I thought I'd post some pics taken earlier today at the meet of Peter demonstrating knife-making and Wayne doing some archery instruction.

Really nice to meet everyone :)

Attachments

• knife1.jpg
    knife1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 58
  • knife2.jpg
    knife2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 53
  • archer1.jpg
    archer1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 60
  • archer2.jpg
    archer2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 58

Yggdrasil

May 18, 2005
Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
Ive just got home from the meet and i want to the thank tony, everyone who took activities and generally everyone that went for their friendly and reliable advice. I took alot from it and will deffinatly coming to the meet in july. :D
Cheers.

~yggdrasil~

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Just got back. Everything Yggdrasil said :).

Thanks all - great weekend! Better than going on a bushcraft course anyday. I've got some photos of some of the courses etc. but they're all on a....forgotten the proper name now....a film-based camera. I'll have to wait for them to be developed then scan in the negatives but I'll put them up. Off the top of my head I know I've got some of the trapping course and the canoeing.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I'll second your comments Yggdrasil,
I only managed a few hours on saturday afternoon due to other appointments. But in that time I learnt a lot, and met a whole bunch of good people.

I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Ogri the trog

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
First post and first weekend with you guys.

A truly informative but chilled weekend.

See you in July and hopefully with a 'Fire by Friction Kit' that at least one person will get to work on the weekend. :)

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
I'm annoyed I missed that Fire Friction lesson. Still, I'm glad I went on the canoeing yesterday.

With the help of deano and fenlander I'm making a kit at the moment but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it going without help. Blind persistance I suppose.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Biddlesby said:
Bringing or dragging along :p.

Just wondering - will there be any rabbit skinning there?

First... catch your rabbit..... :) :D :D

and no not dragging - after my worbling on about this weekends srping meet she is looking forward to it.

.... .. Well I arrived at my first meet(after ending up at Emmer Green twice), I received warm greetings
before I made it through the gateway and everyone else that I meet were just as nice.
The carryings-on were just as good as other events I have been to, the demo's done very well!.
The "Sheath making using leather and wet-forming" excellent sir!, got me wanting to try myself.
Tracking demo was very popular alround and I liked the plant walk to, Stew "good" interesting demo.
The library tent was a good idea,
I must thank Gordon for helping me understand
how to do cordage!(thank's for the hotpot! steve(tasty)). But most of all I would like to thank eveyone who
made it possible for me to go canoeing, Mike+sue & kids(for the lifted there),
Richard(showing me about paddling) and tony for being instistent that I go.
Hope I can be at the next one.

http://www.redcross.org.uk/standard.asp?id=40631

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can
change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Well the weather was fantastic and the company great, plenty of new faces turning up (and some "old" ones <cough>jamie...)

Big thanks to everyone who did talks throughout the weekend, had a fantastic time, although I think Sams got some words for whoever got me totally hooked on the field artery....

Thanks also to Mel for running the "Creche", hopefully you've recovered by now :p

And finally a big thanks to Tone for organising the weekend,.

Now ROLL ON JULY :-D

Matt

J

Jamie

Lithril said:
Well the weather was fantastic and the company great, plenty of new faces turning up (and some "old" ones <cough>jamie...)

Sounds like you need to get that cough sorted out Lith....you pikey get!

It was an awesome weekend and good job by Tone and everyone did classes.

Great site, beautiful weather and great people......lovely to see everyone and make some new friends.

I got hooked on the field archery myself, and I think that there was a lot of that this weekend so much so that I think that there are enough people to get involved in starting up the BCUK Field Archery Club........

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE