BCUK Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Do you know what time we can start arriving on the friday?? There are a few of us looking at getting a train from Cardiff and we will be getting to Cholsey about mid-dayish... (as long karen can get the time off work..... the rest of us have)

Starting to get excited now!!
:D
Ed

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Where does one go to volunteer? Im a bowyer and can bring along some bows and arrows and some blanks ash staves for people to have a go? Blunt or sharp arrows? Also can teach how to make bow strings and arrows. Also do leatherworking but thats a little harder to organise a workshop with...

J

Jamie

Bardster said:
Where does one go to volunteer? Im a bowyer and can bring along some bows and arrows and some blanks ash staves for people to have a go? Blunt or sharp arrows? Also can teach how to make bow strings and arrows. Also do leatherworking but thats a little harder to organise a workshop with...

Bardster, thank you very much for your kind offer. In the first place you should PM Tone.

Look forward to seeing you there :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Fantastic stuff ;) it's going to be great to have you.

here's a quick note for all.

The moots are for everyone, singles, couples and families, there's something for all. There's no prerequisite to be able to teach something to others to be able to come, just come and relax, join in where you want to and take away from the weekend what you want.

See you there ;)

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Bardster said:

Bardster - bring plenty of ammo - we will be bringing some targets down for people to shoot at :)

John Boy

Oct 23, 2004
UK
Will there be many knives for sale or on display? I am in the 'final days' of selecting my new knife and wonder if it worth holding out to view and chat over? Thanks.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
There are likely to be plenty of knives on show from the members.... if there is a particular knife you want to look at, maybe post about it and see if someone who is comming has one to bring along.

Ed

John Boy

Oct 23, 2004
UK
Thanks Ed. I am the midst of Woodlores (AW and WS) v AW Bushcrafter.....but it would also be good to look at some scandis.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Thanks Ed. I am the midst of Woodlores (AW and WS) v AW Bushcrafter.....but it would also be good to look at some scandis.
Then I think you'll be in luck..... I've never been to a bushcraft meet where there hasn't been a couple of woodlores about (of both the Allan Wood and the Wilkinson Sword variety).... they are very popular.

:)
Ed

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
There'll be stacks of kit for people to look at, I'll bring some hammocks for peopel to try out if they want, HH, Pods, Ray Mears etc....

let us know if there's anything in particular that people want to have a look at
:D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Friday from mid afternoon should be fine, you'll probably get roped into helping set up, as for Monday it will go most of the day with people leaving when they need to get to get home/miss the traffic etc

As for what and when during the weekend that will be organised closer to the date, and will probably shift a bit over the weekend as things work out. A lot of the people putting on workshops want to get involved in what other people are putting on so there will be a fair bit of playing ti by ear, which worked well at the last one....

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i'm going to have a look at the leave book tonight when i'm at work. if i can get the time off (and a day each side to recover) i'll be there.
i'll probably take the train down as it'll be cheaper than driving so how easy is it to get from bridgend station to the site?

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I'll be there, already booked the time off and the family are going too so no problem there.

Graham S,
The site is only a couple of miles away from the train station so shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE