BC weekend in the Nederlands 26th to 28th September

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Hi All,

The cost will be 1 euro per person per day, so this should amount to the grand total of 3 euro's per person for the complete weekend.

So if everybody could bring this I would be very gratefull.

Man thats expensive ;)

The natuur camping here charges 4 euros a night!!! and i thought that was cheap!

mind you there is no need to bring your own shovel hehehehehehehehe

Cant wait..

Simon

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
will everyone cook his own dinner or will it be one big feast like the dbm?
and is there a Refrigerator?

I'm afraid there is no refrigerator, and I counted on cooking my own dinner, but if anybody has an better idea, by al means...... I'm open to suggestions.

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
Man thats expensive

Ok then it is good thing I can offer a 33 % price reduction :lmao:.

No seriously, I counted on three days (friday, saterday and sunday) but I just got of the phone with the caretaker, and I should have counted the nights......

This reduces the total costs to the staggering amount of 2 euro's per person.

R Doull

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2006
Scotland
I'm not going to make it.. but interested in the location.. I may be moving from Glasgow to Overijssel soon.. and want to know places I can camp out.. so any pictures when you are back would be great :)

also.. any of you in that area??

Veel plezier :D

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
Hi Folks,

Off course the camara is ready in the pack, watch the bushcraft chatter for a new thread somewhere after the weekend.

Now for all of you who are comming, I was just thinking about Stijn's idea of having dinner together at saterday and it just occured to me that with 11 people it might be nich to all chip in some money, and buy meat and veggies on saterday in the nearby village.

My thought would be to build a polynesian oven together....

I have never tried it, but from what I've seen on TV this would be very nice.

Tell us what you think !!!!!!

stijnb

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2008
nederland
sounds great, bringing fresh meat would be a problem becouse of the refridguration, but a small expedition/hunt to a supermarket would be a good solution.

As for the earth oven, if someone can bring heat-proof stones, that would be great(still having good memories about the hangi at the dbm:D )
Depending on the food brung or bought we might also be able to make a stew or a willow grill.

looking forward:D

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Ok then it is good thing I can offer a 33 % price reduction :lmao:.

No seriously, I counted on three days (friday, saterday and sunday) but I just got of the phone with the caretaker, and I should have counted the nights......

This reduces the total costs to the staggering amount of 2 euro's per person.

Hahahahaha man a reduction!! cool.. Really looking forward to it..

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Now for all of you who are comming, I was just thinking about Stijn's idea of having dinner together at saterday and it just occured to me that with 11 people it might be nich to all chip in some money, and buy meat and veggies on saterday in the nearby village.

My thought would be to build a polynesian oven together....

I have never tried it, but from what I've seen on TV this would be very nice.

Tell us what you think !!!!!!

Im up for helping but sadly Ill be making my own food as a previous post explains...
But there is not a problem with timing so we all eat together ;)

Simon

As per meat... can you not plastic bag it and put it in a water hole cover it up should be cool enough ?

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
As per meat... can you not plastic bag it and put it in a water hole cover it up should be cool enough ?

Hmmm never tried this, but you probably need some means of vacuum packing for this ? Maybe you can show us when we get there ??

Thats were I live when you move let me know meet up wee dram.. and talk camp outs

Maybe we can chat some about this at the weekend as well, as I'm always looking for possibilities to get out there. Also very interested in kayakking and I understand you know all about this....

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Hmmm never tried this, but you probably need some means of vacuum packing for this ? Maybe you can show us when we get there ??
Hahahaha no special technique dig a hole put in a plastic bag to stop the water fill it up chuck in the meat cover it up with a loose lid should stay **cooler** never tried it mind!! as I dont take meat ;)

Maybe we can chat some about this at the weekend as well, as I'm always looking for possibilities to get out there. Also very interested in kayakking and I understand you know all about this....

Well I know a resonable amount ;) I'm was a coach/instructor for kayaking in the UK only paddle myself nowadays but sure not a problem we can certainly talk about it on the weekend.

Well I suppose I could bring a 'wee dram' along ;)

Im organising a whisky tasting event 7th November with a range of Very original single malts ;)
its usually only for friends family and collegues. We can talk about this as well ;0

Simon

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
Im organising a whisky tasting event 7th November with a range of Very original single malts
its usually only for friends family and collegues. We can talk about this as well ;0

I'll bring a nice one from my collection as well.... As a frequent visitor of the wiskey events in Leiden en Gent, and other nosings and tastings I get a chance to and having what I think is a nice collection at home it appears we have something else in common.

Single malts and bushcraft seam to gfo together pretty well. Along with some sigars and maybe a pipe.....

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
About food: I would say take some with us and do a foraging trip to the local supermarket. Always a blast to walk in there with 3 or 4 guys in full bush gear :D ....with a trolley car :lmao:

I'll see what we have for "nippy sweeties".

mortalmerlin

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Belgium (ex-pat)
I'll bring a nice one from my collection as well.... As a frequent visitor of the wiskey events in Leiden en Gent, and other nosings and tastings I get a chance to and having what I think is a nice collection at home it appears we have something else in common.

Funny you should mention that but I also have a collection of malts :)

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu

Single malts and bushcraft seam to gfo together pretty well. Along with some sigars and maybe a pipe.....

Niels, I manged to take the day free so ill try to be there sometime after lunch.. Ill help foraging for food ;)

Simon

PS: Can I leave my bike hat and coat in your car ?

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Niels and the rest of you guys thanks for a great weekend still smell the woodsmoke ;)

Or is that fish mmmm

Nope whisky !

Ok im going to zip up the photos for you to see.. it will be in about 10 minutes and should be available from http://www.quantrill.eu/bkv.zip

Please don't all down load at once this is my home internet connection!! i'm about to resize them so they are not almost 100 meg 0)

Resized available here

http://picasaweb.google.nl/simon.quantrill/Borkel#

Once again thanks for the wonderful weekend and look forward to the next..

Simon:You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE