Bark River

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

Bex

Jake,

What you will find if you are using Fed Ex is that you will receive a bill for the duty, tax and 'clearance'. It normally turns up about 2 weeks later.

The Nomad is very good. As a rule I normally dont buy liner locks as they are not as secure as other locks. This one has so far proved very secure. Razor sharp out of the box and with the usual build quality that is the mark of Moki made knives, (Moki of Seki city Japan manufacture the current Al Mar range).

One thing I would say is that anyone with large hands would probably find the handle uncomfortable and the choil unusable. Big paws would be better suited to the SERE model.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Do i get the bill and then the knife after i paid it? Or do i receive the knife and pay the bill later?

Has anyone used the Carson F4 by timberline? At £20 it looks like a simple bargain...whats it like?
Cheers,

Jake

B

Bex

The twice I've used Fed Ex, the bill turned up about 2 weeks after the knife.

Isnt the Carson by CRKT? Not tried any of the CRKT range, so I dont know. General comments about the steel arent great.

If you want a cost effective fixed blade, most people in the know recommend Frost knives, priced between £10-15.

All depends if you want your knife to use or to look at.

S

Sharpshooter

Did someone say Bark River?

Sharpshooter_brkt.jpg

I have a few...

Left Side Top to Bottom: Forager Limited Edition Antique Stag Bone, North Star Prototype II Black Micarta, North Star Prototype III Rhodesian Teak, Mini Canadian Orange G10

Right Side Top to Bottom: Forager Antique Stag Bone, Fieldsman II Black Micarta, Huntsman Rhodesian Teak, Mikro Orange G10

Bottom: North Star Prototype I Bacote

I'll be receiving an Evo I, the Second Production Mikro and the FIRST Full size North Star Prototype within a few weeks. The pics will be posted as soon as I get them.

Reid

B

Bex

Just in case anyone doesnt know, Reid is the brains behind the North Star design, having worked very closely with Mike Stewart on this project.

Those of us who have been following this over on knifeforums.com have been eagerly awaiting its arrival. Not much longer to wait now...

TAHAWK

Nomad
Jan 9, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
Jake said:
Would you recomend i get the mini canadian as oppose to the the marble?

Jake, Marbles won't say what their current crop are made of or any details of heat-treating. :roll: On the other hand, the Bark River items are A-2, cryo-quenched, and come quite sharp indeed. Plus, the guarantee on the Bark River knives is quite good. To get a "feel" for Mike Stewart of Bark River, go to Bark River Forum at KnifeForums.com. I suspect you will become a Bark River customer. A new woodcraft model, the "North Star," is due any day.

Last edited by a moderator:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I think im a member of knife forums.

Isnt the Carson by CRKT? Not tried any of the CRKT range, so I dont know. General comments about the steel arent great.

If you want a cost effective fixed blade, most people in the know recommend Frost knives, priced between £10-15.
Bex...I have the frosts mora, i just want to extend my collection, i like using all types but i have rather restricted amounts! The carson is made by CRKT. Is it a reputable company?

The General

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
North Wales Llandudno
Bex said:
The General said:
I won it on E-Bay :oops:

Should I take offence that you are embarrassed to buy a knife from me? As I see it, you will be getting a very good knife and saving money on what you otherwise would have paid.

NO WAY!!!!! :-? Simply that I used e-bay! Rather than buying it from a retailer, thats all! In my business we do a lot of e-bay sales and the customers we get on e-bay are the dumbest, never read the advert bunch of idiots you ever did meet! Makes my life a... So don't take offence! :oops:

B

Bex

Indeed. I have encountered one or two less than great intellects. The majority-especially the knife purchasers-have been great do deal with.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Bex,

What make is the becker necker?
I just found out that my knife is being shipped via UPS.

Cheers,

Jake

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I'll check them out. Im itching for my bark river. They just sent me an email saying it was shipped on friday via US post...could anyone guess when it could arrive? They said 5-10 days...

Cheers

Jake :-D

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
my swmbo deals quite a bit with america,if its posted when they state its usually nearer to 5 days. The fastest was 3 days. I cant wait to hear your appraisal as it looks great :cool:

B

Bex

'She who must be obeyed'. Taken I believe from John Mortimer's Horace Rumpole character.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE