Bargain Bergen!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ibeef

Forager
Jun 3, 2013
Swadlincote
Hi guys, don't post here much, but I'm looking to start to post more as I plan to do a lot of wild camping etc this year. My current camping bag was a little to small for what I needed so I nipped down to my local army surplus store today to have a look at issue bergens (used ones if any).

When I got there there was 1 brand new issue bergen without side pouches in the sale for £40!!!! I tried it on and it fits nice and comfortably and isn't much heavier than my eurohike hydro 60+10.

So in the end I couldn't say no. I will get some side pouches eventually however I did a test pack earlier and it more than suits all my needs :)

Here's some pics of my purchase :)

busu8ana.jpg

agugepy7.jpg
8usaseqa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Great packs and very hard wearing. I used one for years.
Also a little uncomfortable over distance but fine enough for dragging a few miles to the woods.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
good find,awesome bergan and will last for ever, it could be cheep because the MOD is moving over to MTP so all the back stock will be sold of cheeeeeeeeeep.....

good job mate,and they are not so bad over distance, i have done 40 + miles with 50kg before, not so bad mate.....;)

ibeef

Forager
Jun 3, 2013
Swadlincote
Thanks :) the bloke at the shop did say something about dpm being made redundant. Suits me fine though, going to have a few practice walks with it I think, to get used to it. Very happy with the space and the side pouches are on the wish list as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
If you get stuck I am pretty sure i have a spare set in the garage somewhere. PM me if you have no luck.

ibeef

Forager
Jun 3, 2013
Swadlincote
Thanks for all the replies, I'm a bit short on money until the end of the month. I shouldn't have bought the bergen really but I couldn't resist for the price. I have put a few things up for trade in the swapshop if anyone with the pouches is interested in having a look.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE