Lunch in the woods..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Little walk out with my son today to some local woods, not too far but we set up a half Lavvu, cooked some lunch and hot chocolate on the Trangia and overall spent about 3 or 4 hours out.

It was also my first time out with the karrimor sf Sabre 35. I really like this pack, although with the half Lavvu, groundsheet, food, water and clothing for two, it was full. But it was comfortable to carry, and I think it's a great looking daypack. The 1L water bottle that I usually use is about an inch too tall for the side pouches, so if anyone has this pack and can recommend a 1L+ water bottle that fits nicely inside the side pouches, it would be much appreciated.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photos.. Thanks.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Lovely! Lunch in the woods, awesome. Great photos by the way, and I think the NATO black waterbottle will fit in those side pockets really nicely....

Also..... is that a baofeng comms set up? I'm thinking of getting something similar myself....

Reactions: Dan00001

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Lovely! Lunch in the woods, awesome. Great photos by the way, and I think the NATO black waterbottle will fit in those side pockets really nicely....

Also..... is that a baofeng comms set up? I'm thinking of getting something similar myself....
Thank you, I actually have 2 British Army water bottles, I forgot about those, I think they will be perfect.

Yes, it's a Baofeng UV-5R. It's a great, cheap, battle tested radio. I have attached to it a Broadsword antenna. I don't have my license yet so I currently just listen in to chatter on local repeaters.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Looks like a great trip out :) - I like the SF Sabre - nice bag without looking too military.

We had quite a discussion on the Baofengs a while back; see here:

Reactions: Dan00001

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Looks like a great trip out :) - I like the SF Sabre - nice bag without looking too military.

We had quite a discussion on the Baofengs a while back; see here:

Sorry, I missed your message yesterday. I will check that out, thanks. I enjoy a good Baofeng chat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE