Ban on Bottled Water

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sorry Colin, that wasn't a personal dig at anyone :eek: , just an observation that for a first world nation our teeth are dreadful.

I know how much my dentist bill costs me :eek: and I'm incredibly relieved that my kids have no fillings or missing teeth.

I understand the issues with fluoride but tbh I think that if handled properly it's not really such a bad thing. It's the 'no consumption', or 'blanket coverage', issues that need addressed I think .

cheers,
Toddy

Hey Toddy, didn't think you were :D ,
was just saying that since the demise of NHS dentistry ( Well the slow rot anyway ) that many body ID's may take longer as the dental records no longer partain to what's in folks mouths.

My teeth aren't that bad either;) but have had to do the odd filling myself. Good excuse for a stiff whisky:naughty:

And yes you're right for a first world nation we do have terrible teeth, though I think a lot of it was from bad habits picked up from having an empire that flooded our shores with nice things to eat and the money to afford them, before dental hygene caught up far enough to instill good habits?

Cheers
Colin.

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Yup - 20000L of water per year before you even need an abstraction licence. You do have to have a means of monitoring it though - or the water people get upset.

Alas, as much as I get annoyed about the nanny state - some members of the general public just can't seem to act like they have more than a couple of cells to rub together.

On top of all of the resources needed to supply "peckham springs" to the population, what happens when people recycle their bottles is also a nasty one.

I remember the first time that I visited a waste recycling broker who dealt with a lot of London's recyclables. Sort the bottles, bale the bottles, send bottles to china in a big boat to be made into fleeces, send fleeces back to UK so that we can buy cheap ones in Tesco's etc.

Alas, there are no easy answers, but you dont get as many carrier bag trees in Ireland since they banned disposable shopping bags there.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sounds right - a cubic metre is 1,000 litres so that makes sense!

I don't know much about using surface water I must admit - never needed to get into that one

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE