Badges

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
I think this all goes to show how much we love the subject and want it represented in the best possiable way - and it goes without saying, everyones different :)

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Jake Rollnick said:
Right...LETS PUT IT TO A VOTE!

We live in a democracy, right tone?

This site is accessible from every country on earth. some are democracies, some are monarchies, some are dictatorships and others are a whole lot of grey inbetween. This site is paid for by Tony, it's not a democracy, it's a private clubhouse, Tony is the manager and owner, landlord and rent-payer. The internet is not a democracy, it may sometimes offer that illusion, but the reality is far from it.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Is the discussion about a vote for a logo or a badge? If it's a badge then I don't mind putting up some choices to be voted on. If it's the logo you're on about then there is no choice in it.

Consultation with the members of the forum is a great idea but it would be hell to administrate, we would get just as many people not liking whatever was chosen.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Badge i thought.
I may have come over a bit loud! Sorry, i just thought it may be interesting, you know, like a poll.
Oh well, just an idea.

Cheers,

Jake

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
The idea for badge related poll is a very good one, if only to get an idea as to how many to have made.
The last thing that anyone would want is for Tony to have too many made of a design that only a few members liked and get stuck with them. :)

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Thanks chopper.
It was just a light hearted idea. To help tony make a descision, i'm not trying to take his power away!

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
do you think it is possible to get these logo's on big .jpg files, so we print them out and iron them on our shirt or self ? Got plenty of T-shirt's, but no cash... This way we can also modify it to our own preference.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
If you modify it to suit yourself it kind of undermines the corporate image. For a logo to become well known it has to be presented consistantly. However your idea of having options available for people to download and use is a good one, provided they use them as supplied and do not alter them. Of course if Tony is looking to make money from "T" shirt sales that would not be an option. As for badges I imagine it is more economic for these to be made in bulk and sold individually rather than made individually.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
:rolmao: NO worries guys. Let's get some designs sorted and we can put say, three up for a vote. I appreciate that the badges are a personal thing to the members. MagiKelly is right that I would like us to keep the identity intact.

What we need now then is some more ideas for badges incorporating the new logo. :wink:

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
don't worry, i was only thinking of leaving the back clean. Printed backs remind me of having t-shirts stuck on leather seats. It sure didn't sound health wenn i stood up from those seats again, sure was hot over there.... Not sure how it react with mine backpacks, but if you have you back cover, why bother to print something on the back of you pack right ?

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
:lol:

I like the logo, perhaps just put that on one of the badges. Then perhaps the old one on another?

I think badges look akward if they are too big, perhaps make them small?

More ideas!

Jake

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE