Axe graving and haft Celtic design

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
It's finished!!!!
Gave it a polish and an oil to protect from rust,
Engraved the haft both sides with a small Celtic knot design all freehand.
Now it's ready for your comments good or bad.
I'm aware that the designs are not to everybody's taste but I cannot do a vast amount of artworks on one axe so these are just to show what can be done .

null-9.jpg

null-10.jpg

null-12.jpg

New pic added with a little colour added to the Celtic just to set it off a bit what do you think??
null-13.jpg

Added two tone??
null-14.jpg

Last edited:

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
It's finished!!!!
Gave it a polish and an oil to protect from rust,
Engraved the haft both sides with a small Celtic knot design all freehand.
Now it's ready for your comments good or bad.
I'm aware that the designs are not to everybody's taste but I cannot do a vast amount of artworks on one axe so these are just to show what can be done .

null-9.jpg

null-10.jpg

null-12.jpg

Where are the pics Trev?

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Now that's really nice! You found that niche buddy! Well done!

Well I'm hoping so bud just have to be patient and see what happens now.
Thanks for the kind words too means alot after my poor attempt at the mora ,time to move on to better things hey.

I'm also going to add file work to the axe head all round .im running out of space on my tools guys wink wink

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well I'm hoping so bud just have to be patient and see what happens now.
Thanks for the kind words too means alot after my poor attempt at the mora ,time to move on to better things hey.

I'm also going to add file work to the axe head all round .im running out of space on my tools guys wink wink

Trev' can I offer a bit of advice? Hold fire on the file work. There comes a point in embellishing a tool at which you have to stop. Bit like those dweebs who don't who buy every accessory they see on the shelves of Halfords for their cars, from novelty air fresheners and fluffy dice to chequered flag mudflaps and 6 anti static strips hanging off the back bumper.

In this axe head I feel less is more and adding file work would ruin it. Just my tuppence worth mate.

If you're running out of things to practice on then PM your address and if I have any bits of iron in my workshop I'll send 'em to you for you to have a play on. OK? They won't be quality tools I hasten to add, just stuff I've acquired that you can use to doodle on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE