Weekend axe art

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
just out of interest what would you guys be prepared to pay for an axe head which takes 8hrs per side something like my axe with out the top and bottom done .bearing in mind return postage thoughts welcome.
also i would have to become maker plus or maker which ever it is haven't checked as of yet as i wasn't expecting any interest to be fair

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Very nice work that - I can see a real future in that with owners marks - I wonder if wood can be similarly engraved and infilled with coloured resin in a kolorosing manner? That would look superb on an axe!

yes wood can be done bud would have too look into colour work though cant see too much of a problem .

Thats some great work Trev.
To clarify on the distinction between maker and maker plus- makers can make stuff and sell it. Maker plus can take commissions. So if you are offering to customise peoples axes etc you'd need to be a maker plus.
It's great to see you've found your own niche and I hope it's a sucess for you.

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Mate if your going to do this regular a account with a delivery company will save you £ and they will pick up and collect from your house I use dhl near me and it costs me about £4 for a good size parcel next day delivery and fully insured

Food for thought

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Mate if your going to do this regular a account with a delivery company will save you £ and they will pick up and collect from your house I use dhl near me and it costs me about £4 for a good size parcel next day delivery and fully insured

Food for thought

cheers mouse worth trying .

not sure how to go about this at the min 60 per year maker plus not sure if i will be able to cover the cost with commissions etc i will wait and see

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Lovely looking work. Makes me envious of the talent you have, can't wait for what else you have in store when your tools arrive.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
not if you oil ya tools after use like we all should anyway

You can say that agian, a lot of guys just dont know how to use and look after tools, only this weekend, I was asked to use my axe so some one could use it as a Hammer... you would of never of guess taht that was a yellow handled Club Hamer sitting next to it......, and later that day someone in the group grabed hold of it and wnet to put a point on a wooden peg stright on the ground now chopping block........

You can guess what I said.....

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
got thousands more intricut designs to do but not enough tools to do them on watch this space stu im sure you will like at the very least one of them

I will do mate, I like nice artwork..... looking forward to seeing a craftsman at work :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE