"artisan of the year"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Just back from Country Living Magazine and Balvenie Whisky's "Artisan of the Year" awards where much to my surprise I got the top award, a nice prize and a £350 bottle of whisky. The only drawback was that after the awards there was a very special whisky tasting laid on with 5 pretty special bottles and all I could do was sniff and sip because I had to drive home.

This is Clivden where the awards were held I should have parked my tatty van in the space in the middle.

IMG_9750.jpg

Susy Smith Country Living Editor and the Balvenie folk introducing the awards.

IMG_9732.jpg

Lots of nervous craftsfolk feeling a bit out of place in the posh surroundings.

IMG_9738.jpg

My mate Doug Joiner getting commended award for his work setting up the Horse loggers association and training apprentices.

IMG_9737.jpg

And afterward lots of whisky to quaff....or not if you were driving.:C

IMG_9746.jpg

Still all good publicity, I get a couple of pages in Country Living November issue out any day now. Now I wonder what a £350 bottle tastes like.:D

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Congratulations mate :D No bloody surprise though, the stuff you come out with is stunning :D Now when I reference you in letters to my MP regarding traditional crafts I can add "Artisan of the Year" :p

PS: Speaking of which, I got a letter from my MP this morning that perhaps you could make a bit more sense of, a PM shall be inbound soon!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Fantastic stuff Robin, good for you mate. Were there any specific things you had to do, as in an item (s) or is an all round award for just being brilliant? :D

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Were there any specific things you had to do, as in an item (s) or is an all round award for just being brilliant? :D

Thanks folks. They do a lot of publicity for the Awards in May, you write a bit about what you do and send it off. They are particularly interested in folk passing on old skills or bringing new life to them. I think they liked the fact I had brought back an old craft that had died out (pole lathe bowlturning) and found new markets for it and also the work I do with the Heritage Crafts Association trying to raise the profile of traditional crafts.

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
Congratulations Robin!

It's good to know that craftsmanship is being recognized and rewarded.

Thanks for all you do to keep the old crafts alive and moving forward.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE