Possession of an Offensive Weapon.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Bloody hell has the country gone down the pan THAT much since i left :eek:

Have to agree with many posts, you had a large fire going and were up till 05:00 on a Sun morning in CHURCH grounds
trigger.gif

That was very very silly.

For the knife.
You let the cop search your tent/bag = silly
Your mate accepted the caution = very very silly

No doubt in my mind the cop was being very pedantic, maybe one of your group rubbed her up the wrong way?
Either way you all made some silly mistakes and all but 1 got away with it.

Live and learn by your mistakes
thumb-up.gif

With regards to the separate discussion on knives that seems to have sprung up.
I really can't believe how gullible some folks have got and how crazy laws have been able to be implemented
trigger.gif

Personally speaking i'm 42 years old, i would consider myself mostly a responsible person with a very responsible job.
I carry a knife with me if i believe i'll need one, the type of knife i carry i decide based upon the job, not some daft laws.

I have absolutely no intention of hurting or threatening anyone with my knives so the way i see it is, it's up the cops to prove in a court of law i intended harm or threatening behaviour with my knife.

I understand the reason these silly laws were implemented, but:
1/ They have not worked to the point where knife crime has increased since they were bought in
2/ The law gives some leeway of common sense on the part of the cop, although the vast majority of cops i know and have worked with are decent honest folks with a vast amount of common sense, as with any trade the odd one does slip through the cracks.

It's only by going to court and letting your lawyer ridicule the poor judgement and bad policing by the cop and Booking Officer that this info really starts to get pushed up hill to the people that can sort it.

I just can't believe how crazy it's gotten that your arrested these days on the smallest possibility that you MIGHT commit a crime.
If it continues this way you'll be getting arrested as you walk out your front door for the "intention of speeding"
trigger.gif

Or arrested walking into a pub for "the intention of being drunk and disorderly"

Crazy crazy times.

Cheers
Mark

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I wasn't being churlish I found it genuinely interesting when compared to the rest of the thread. :rolleyes:

It's called a warning. We often give warnings first before infractions. Personally, I prefer not giving warnings and just deal with people directly, but I'm trying to play nice. Next time, not so nice. I especially don't like trolling and personal attacks and sarcasm both fit.

Last edited:

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
If I am to be banned for suggesting that some mods make poor decisions so be it. I'll just rejoin! (easy peasy if you know how)

Yes you can but can you be that petty, it's as easy as changing an IP, I do network testing in college, and I will be getting a job soon it's very easy, so don't act like if you some l337 h4x0r, but if this site can implement MAC ban, then have a go...

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
My view....

If you were on private land(still a public place)with permission then you can do as you like concerning sharps. However you could still be charged with having an offensive weapon if you were being threatening to another person so a bit of sense is needed still.

Having a blade over the EDC limit and using it for a hobby is a reasonable excuse if your engaged in or en-route to such an activity. My own view is that a bit of common sense is still needed and try to match the blade to the task and not try to be the next Rambo.

Where I get unsure is if you have a non-EDC blade on your person and are trespassing on private land. You may have a reasonable excuse i.e camping or fishing but does the act of trespass nullify somehow your reasonable excuse?

Steve.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Stay smart.

Ityagree,nn

cvcvcvcvcv

mkmkmmkmkmkm

kidrathergrates.

It's a bit difficuilt to understand what is going on when posts are edited severely after first being posted.

(I assume that is what is happening - or is it some new type of text speech?)

The query re age of the people involved still hasn't been answered, has it? It may be totally irrelevant anyway but the apparent reluctance to give ages makes the issue appear significant.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
I agree. This thread should be deleted as the OP has edited his original post so as no one can now understand what hhe was on about !

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE