Possession of an Offensive Weapon.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
What magazine is that then?

Can't be the Bushcraft magazine in which Pablo wrote a two part article on this sort of topic by any chance? I heard a whisper you could trust what he says. It is a good read apparently. :-D

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
BTW it's been two pages since I last read this thread (lunchtime). Are we still circling the drain on this one??

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I found Hoodos threat of punishment interesting however...

Come on now don't be churlish- you know very well you can say whatever you like on here as long as it does not offend the sensibilities of a mod.

Tony is allowed to throw his weight around (on the rare occasion that he does) as he owns the joint. The mods...pah :jacked:

N

Nickelarse

Last night a group of lads camped in my woods, they lit a big fire and burnt my logs. One of them had a big Bowie knife, scary looking thing. They were up until 5am, I have no idea what they were up to - but as they didn't ask my permission I could only think it was "no good". When I called the police and tried to get them moved on they seemed confused. The police woman that came out though was very brave, facing down 6 lads and she soon had them out of my hair. Well done!

We didn't enter anyone's property, like I said - we were unaware that it was Church land as we did not expect the boundaries to extend so far towards the river. You make out that we were in some way brandishing the knife which is completely void of fact as the knife hardly left its sheath, as is the whole "they seemed confused"...... it was only the police officer there, there was nobody else....... I wasn't in a families back garden.

Talking down to me like I a fifteen year old kid rather grates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
yes but even in the car its your still carrying in a public place so you still need the good reason

yes its probably more sensible for it to be out of site out of mind but under actual law there is no diffence where it is

they would have to prove intent to use as an offensive weapon regardless of where it was any way

you could argue that left in your car unattended its more likely to get nicked ( window smashed if you lock the car) and used for a crime than if its on your belt under your direct control

The interesting thing is that I heard the talk that Pablo gives at the Wilderness Gathering on this subject in 2010 and he said in that, that inside your car was NOT a public place, but that is not repeated in the article.

That wouldn't stop a search if it was deemed you are intent on using it in appropriately, but I think the car thing should be cleared up. Public Place or not.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
We didn't enter anyone's property, like I said - we were unaware that it was Church land as we did not expect the boundaries to extend so far towards the river. You make out that we were in some way brandishing the knife which is completely void of fact as the knife hardly left its sheath, as is the whole "they seemed confused"...... it was only the police officer there, there was nobody else....... I wasn't in a families back garden.

Talking down to me like I a fifteen year old kid rather grates.

I was giving another version of the facts, told from a different viewpoint, just to shed a more balanced light on things. I made nothing up, only that I don't own the land. Everything else is taken from what you posted....

Before you removed your first post that is.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Speaking from personal experience, you guys would do well not to get on Hoodoo's bad side. He seems a very nice chap but he don't take no prisoners!! :)

Sent from my iToaster using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
A car IS a public place unless it is your permanent place of abode. (Case law)

That's great news,..... next time I want a lift I'll just jump into a passing car........if it isn't going too fast that is.;)
Also if someone else's car is a public place :welcome1: can we help ourselves to the contents ?..

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Speaking from personal experience, you guys would do well not to get on Hoodoo's bad side. He seems a very nice chap but he don't take no prisoners!! :)

Sent from my iToaster using Tapatalk

If I am to be banned for suggesting that some mods make poor decisions so be it. I'll just rejoin! (easy peasy if you know how)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE