Argos axe Heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
If none of your local stores has them in stock you can order one online and pick it up from your store when it comes in :)
That's what Ive done it doesn't cost you anything to order it :)

cheers Russ

How..??

I could'nt do it either.. Says it out of stock and cant go no further..

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
When I chose my shop by putting in my post code I couldn't do it but if I put in town instead of post code it gave me the option to order in.

Does that help?

Any with all these argos axes any leather workers would be able to do a fair few sheaths for them! Any takers?

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
When I chose my shop by putting in my post code I couldn't do it but if I put in town instead of post code it gave me the option to order in.

Does that help?

Any with all these argos axes any leather workers would be able to do a fair few sheaths for them! Any takers?

No.. No option to order in..

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
Hmmm... I don't know then. I'd keep trying though cos it may suddenly appear like it did for me. No idea why though.

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Got mine today :) Nice shape to it, but I think I am going to need just a little work putting into it - the edge is totally round! I might manage to cut butter but that's it. Time to get the file out :D

What sort of bevel should I be looking to put on it? This is my first axe reprofiling

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
A convex one - Thats as far as my knowledge goes, someone else may be able to say better.

Mines ready for me to pick up tomorrow :)

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
I got the exact same axe in Aldi and the axe is great...after the edge is thinned with a fine file and a quick hone on a ceramic rod and the axe will be cutting hair!

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Just found 1 available Saturday locally, I'm definately going to try to get another to change the bevels for carving. Not that I'm greedy but at these prices I'd be mad not to! Happy days!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
They are all unsharpened. I have had mine a few months now and its still going strong. Doesnt need sharpening much either. The epoxy has cracked a bit but no wobble or anything wrong with it. Would i have another? Yes, too right i would.

And i paid a tenner for mine when they first introduced them. Best splitter i own apart from the maul.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Picked my Two up today as well.
Pleased with them,pleased with the price as well, £5.98 for Two, a bargain I'd say.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
If anyone wants their axes reprofiling and properly sharpened then i'll Sort it on the belt grinder for £5 plus postage per axe.

Pm me if interested. :)

bashabuddy

Nomad
Dec 15, 2008
bramley, Leeds
Glad to be of service chaps. :D

:vio: Only need to find one myself!! Working 12hr days for last week, not had chance to get there! o well .. so long as all you got good deals, makes christmas all the better :)cussing: i want one. i want one!!!)

HillBill - I may just take you up on that offer, i see you live in my area too!!

cheerss

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I have to agree that this Argos axe is a good bargain even at the £12.99 price tag that I paid on Christmas Eve. :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: They must have dropped the price just after Christmas.

We hired a cottage for Christmas with a woodburner but the logs I bought were too big, so I had to buy a cheap axe to split them. The Argos axe was just the job - nice weight for small splitting and a handle that wasn't too small for my hands.

However, the wood I bought was green (bagged up stuff from the village store) - you could see the sap oozing out when the axe blade struck, so I had it laid out on the radiators all round the cottage to dry out. Still, it gave the cottage a nice resinous smell.

Geoff

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
Argos must have changed their system as they are now letting me order one in and reserve it for about 4th January. The only rider is that the price to be paid will be the price on the day so we shall see what happens.

Otherwise there must be a lot of people buying up cheap axes aound the country as they are in short supply.

Just how many people are on this forum ?

Richard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE