Are you a GEARDO?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Guilty. Better than I was but have frequent relapses. It’s torches with me, and knives. It was all sorts, I was on EDC Forums and Multitool.org, buying glow stuff, widgy bars, CountyComm stuff, Maratac stuff, tents, rucksacks, assorted bags, sleeping bags, paracord, keyring carry, pens, good paper pads. I’ve managed to sell a lot of it, I don’t get out in the tent much since we got the van. But the flipping torches, I just can’t help myself.:D
how many torches have you got?

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
How many of those torches are empty out containers for dead batteries? A discharged battery it’s a dead battery in my book.

(I have a thing about torches - they must work without a flicker whenever they are needed or tested.)

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
How many of those torches are empty out containers for dead batteries? A discharged battery it’s a dead battery in my book.

(I have a thing about torches - they must work without a flicker whenever they are needed or tested.)
18650, 18500, 18350, 21700, 26650 or rechargeable Eneloop type all kept at full capacity. Nothing that takes standard lithium AAA or AA is stored with a cell in it. Li-ion are good for years stored with charge, anything not in a torch is in battery storage boxes by make/capacity. I’m embarrassingly fastidious about keeping them topped up. Luckily this thread has helped me to ‘come out’. :sunshine: :D

The original pic I took of the mini prybar got cropped, but it reveals further proof I fit the geardo category :)

IMG_3675.jpeg

In the MaxP is a Rite in the Rain pad, a Zebra FxMD, Sharpie marker, highlighter, Koh-I-Noor Versatil mechanical pencil. Who’d have guessed? :lol:

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, I stayed in touch with Jon Sydney Burley for a while as the troubled times came. He set off walking across America to go and get his dogs back, sleeping in fields, real Mark Twain traveller. Girl called Karen with a long username took over and the remainder of the team tried to help the guy out. That’s the last I heard of it, Jon became really ill, I’m not even sure if he’s alive. Shame, he was a good guy. I still have an ESSE3 that he sent me, brand new from the forum shop, for $40.
That's a shame, It's always sad when a good forum shuts down. I'd have been happy to host it on my server, Same with BB.

Anyway, I digress, Yes, I'm a Geardo, although I'm slowing down a lot, I had a realisation about aspirational purchasing that gave me some clarity :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE