Arctic Climate Survival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

whitey3192

Forager
Oct 23, 2010
North yorkshire
so, looking out the window, and deciding that i wanna get out to practice sub climate skills and drills, i was just wondering, what would you guys all like to practice now, that you cant in fair weather?

im thinking along the lines of snow shelters and making snow shoes etc.

what will you guys be practicing?

regards

whitey............................

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've been trying out a pair of snowshoes for the first time.

Snow_Kit.jpg

Great fun and really effective.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
He sure does....

'Is that the aurora borealis in the Distance???

No its traffic on the A365.....'

:D

You're not far wrong :D I'm in the patch of land between the A670 where I parked the van, the A640 and the M62. The junction there is the highest point on the UK motorway network. It's not far from the place referred to as "The little house on the Prairie."

Normally it's a marshy, mossy wilderness of tussocky grass that is extremely tiring to walk over.

The freezing temperatures sort out the boggy ground nicely and the covering of snow levels out the lumpy terrain so it's about the only time I ever go there.

It's a lot easier in snowshoes though.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
You're not far wrong :D I'm in the patch of land between the A670 where I parked the van, the A640 and the M62. The junction there is the highest point on the UK motorway network. It's not far from the place referred to as "The little house on the Prairie."

Normally it's a marshy, mossy wilderness of tussocky grass that is extremely tiring to walk over.

The freezing temperatures sort out the boggy ground nicely and the covering of snow levels out the lumpy terrain so it's about the only time I ever go there.

It's a lot easier in snowshoes though.

It's been a good while since I've been up on the Pennines walking.

Looks like you had fun with the snow shoes and self portraits... :)

Hopefully you found your Reindeer herd as well...:):)

Any how sounds like you're all in for a White Christmas..

Have fun...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE