Archery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Ok I have only recently taken up archery with the kids and if yesterday shooting is anything to go by I think I need a bit more practice before putting anything up on here :)

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi, how you doing ?
Do you find that you have to go for higher poundage shafts for the bamboo than you would for wooden shafts ?

I am using full length shafts with light piles (70 grain) for my bamboo arrows, so i went up from 40/45 to 45/50, but no, generally they are well spine matched otherwise. These overlong arrows seem to match well with most of the bows i have made - generally in the 40 to 60@28 draw weights.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
NIce shooting Steve.. :)

Whos up for the Shoot this weekend I am booked on Sunday, I'll be up the club on Saturday for set up as well :)

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
I am away this weekend camping,archery stumping and doing some paddling Norfolk broads way, so will miss out on the club shoot. Hope you guys enjoy it and win a medal for me.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Well that was a fantastic opportunity to get away and have some fun. The whole family went camping with friends. Then on Saturday the eldest cub and I spent the day out on the water at Norfolk broads, with a lovely little sleepover in the middle of nowhere, a bit of archery and bushy stuff, then a paddle back for a bbq and a drink or two with the group.
Lovely weekend. Happy days.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
It was a great weekend camping, saw a fantastic lighting storm in the night which was lovely as we didn't get wet at all. We didn't see another soul for all most 24 hours. To make it even better just booked two holidays. Outstanding.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I used the Buck Trail Antelope #55 :), it was good apart from it took me a while to get settled in.. seemed to always shot to the right..but that may have been me... found it a bit noisy but will but some pompoms on soon, and the grip needs a leather cover :).

Apart from that seems a nice bow for a little money.. only time will tell.

Still not sure on a recurve tho. but like the extra power :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE