Leather Quiver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I've recently taken up archery again; a new club has started up just 5 miles away from me :)

Despite having a number of self-bows, I've bought myself a modern recurve to practice and get some consistency back into my shooting. However, I don't like all the plastic/aluminium modern paraphernalia that seems endemic in the rest of archery kit, so I decided to make myself a leather quiver.

It's a bit of a prototype but I think it will do the job for now :)

Quiver - 2056 - 25 - 2023-08-22 12.01.54.jpg

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Very nice old bean. How about a few more photos? I have a bunch of leather sat here waiting to become a quiver.

I fancied something with a lid/cap on it. Why did you chose this design or are you still playing?

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Very nice indeed. Field or target? I only ask because for field I like to have a side pocket for tabs/strings/string wax etc. Oh, and a built-in sheath for a knife for those awkward tree/target frame/arrow interface moments :)

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Horse Dave

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Thanks for the kind remarks folks :)

Very nice old bean. How about a few more photos? I have a bunch of leather sat here waiting to become a quiver.

I fancied something with a lid/cap on it. Why did you chose this design or are you still playing?

To be honest I looked long and hard at commercial ones, and a wide range of traditional ones, from all over - I decided on a belt-hung one simply for ease of being able to see the arrows as I was using them. I thought about a lidded version but decided to keep things simple for this first one :)

My son wants me to make him one so I'll take photos as I'm making it if those are the photos you're after.

Very nice indeed. Field or target? I only ask because for field I like to have a side pocket for tabs/strings/string wax etc. Oh, and a built-in sheath for a knife for those awkward tree/target frame/arrow interface moments :)

Target archery in this case, so I'm never far from the other gear. The roving stuff I do with the grandchildren in the wood is far less formal, and we may just hold a few (hazel) arrows in our hands.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE