Archery - variable range

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
That looks great! I'll have to do a little more research as it's more a toy than a hunting tool unless I go to another country that allows it to be used for game.

I'm in South wales, having looked there's a few archery clubs close to me for regular archery and field type archery.
Luckily I can also use the range im with for anything bow/crossbow related as long as I have my own target setup.

As its a significant investment I can come up at some point if you find yourself seriously considering getting one.

Reactions: Decacraft

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Thank you thats mighty kind! It sure does look like it could be fun.
I'm not sure if I would be able to afford it this year, but it would sure give me an idea of what it's like if your ever in the area

Reactions: TeeDee

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
As mentioned - this isn't a Bow or Crossbow- its an Airbow , I was trying to get an answer without mentioning that but I guess its pertinent under what youve mentioned. The arrow is hollow but sealed at the front. Inside the barrel shroud is a tube that slides tightly within that arrow -once seated it the arrow is ready to fire. The CO2 travels down the slender tube to the tip of the arrow and forces the arrow out meaning that there is no archers paradox to contend with.

Ah, just ignore everything I've said then :)

I suspect you'll not need a great deal of fletching at all with that length; as you say, the arrow can be very stiff as it doesn't have to bend around the bow - just a bit of drag to give the bolt stability.

Neat bit of kit! :)

Reactions: TeeDee

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
As mentioned - this isn't a Bow or Crossbow- its an Airbow , I was trying to get an answer without mentioning that but I guess its pertinent under what youve mentioned. The arrow is hollow but sealed at the front. Inside the barrel shroud is a tube that slides tightly within that arrow -once seated it the arrow is ready to fire. The CO2 travels down the slender tube to the tip of the arrow and forces the arrow out meaning that there is no archers paradox to contend with.

View attachment 82027

View attachment 82028

View attachment 82029

View attachment 82030
Does the sub 12ftlb law still apply to this device ?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Does the sub 12ftlb law still apply to this device ?

No. Because its not an airgun.

I believe someone has already tried turning it into something it shouldn't be by adjusting the internal barrel. I believe that person/s have now gone to jail.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Going back to the Target I have been thinking about the potential for a sort of 'Spaced Armour' type target design. So rather than have 3 x 30mm sheets of foam tight against each other - have them so there is an air gap between them - a sort of decelerating zone.

1693936270187.png

Could also combine it with a spring system , so that the target actually yields with the arrow.

1693936704147.png

Probably over thinking it a little but crossbow , arrow and air bow all put a strain on target.

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
No. Because its not an airgun.

I believe someone has already tried turning it into something it shouldn't be by adjusting the internal barrel. I believe that person/s have now gone to jail.
Interesting device tempted to get one actually,But I have a feeling it will be banned in the future .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE