Archery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
You were asking about a Samick Outlander on Facebook ?
Not sure what i will be using yet, been playing around with a few different bows and arrows.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Yup I was, forgot about that, I guess its so new there are not any reviews out there, I was looking for a cheap AFB, but not the ragim wolf as it is quite hand shocky at 45lb and above. The Black Hawk that Stu and Bob shoot aint bad for the money but I want something different, The Falco Legend is the current winner,

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Alot of people say the falco is a good bow, never shot or seen one but reviews seem good. You are welcome to try my lil creep out if you want ? It's not cheap but it's may give you more insight into what afb to good for ?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have shot the Falco it was Pennies, 35# I think, that was on my intro course last year. I was thinking of getting the 50# one which would work out around 45# at my draw length.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Not sure weather I'll make the Shoot on the 3rd, its the Suffolk group meet but with only me and another taker at the mo I thinking about caneling it, it would also be handy not to have to rush home from the group meet and pack for the moot...

Personally if I cancel it would suit me the most.. but if I get enought to make it worth the land owners while... we will see

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have been working on a couple of refurb jobs over the last few days, I picked up a pair of Bear Cub's off fleabay last week, one just needed refinishing as the varnish had crazed and started flaking off, the other had a few stress fractures in the glass and had the same issue with the varnish. They date from 1963 and 1968 and draw weights are 29# & 35#. New string should be here today so I can have a shot or 2.

I bought these by mistake really, I knew Bear made bows for children and my logic chip kicked in and said that as bear cubs are their children then these must be for children too, they are not they are 62" long. Apparently what I should have got was a Little Bear, Oh well the search continues :).

In my haste I didn't take any before pics, but will take the finished ones

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have been working on a couple of refurb jobs over the last few days, I picked up a pair of Bear Cub's off fleabay last week, one just needed refinishing as the varnish had crazed and started flaking off, the other had a few stress fractures in the glass and had the same issue with the varnish. They date from 1963 and 1968 and draw weights are 29# & 35#. New string should be here today so I can have a shot or 2.

I bought these by mistake really, I knew Bear made bows for children and my logic chip kicked in and said that as bear cubs are their children then these must be for children too, they are not they are 62" long. Apparently what I should have got was a Little Bear, Oh well the search continues :).

In my haste I didn't take any before pics, but will take the finished ones

Would be nice to see these.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The 1963 is zebra wood the 1968 is maple.

They both need new decals but at $30 a set + postage they may have to go with out for a while but they do have the Bear medallions

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I had a good day, new arrows seemed to do nealy everything they were told to and I didnt break or loose one :). It was just Stu and I in our group the other chap who should have been with us joined his mates and didnt tell anyone, needless to say that group of 5 held up 2 groups of 4 and us 2.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
That's good about the arrows, not so good about the other fella was it one of tge new guys who Stu was meant to be taking around( Roy ? ) . If I hadn't had my head down the loo for most of the night I would of been there today. Rubbish timing as I was really looking forward to the shoot.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Hope you get better soon mate.
The chap was one of the old lot, double barreled surname, short and shoots a bow with training wneels I believe.

The new arrows were 45-50# cut to 27" with 100grn piles and 4" fletchings, I made 7 as I found 5 rubber blunts so made them up for a bit of fun.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Oh ok, still a bit rude he should of know better. That's one of the reasons why the groups should be a max of 4 people, because it can take an age for the group to shoot.
Arrows sound good, same colour fletching as your other ones ?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Yup red white and blue with orange nocks, I have got some feather tracers to put on them as I cant see the soddi g things

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I got around 550 which is an improvement on last time, I only blanked twice also an improvement and didn't loose or break any arrows so all up a great day :)
un surprisingly Mr Narey got mid 700's again, so did the top blokes in HT and Longbow

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE