Archery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Now I know there has been a few posts about bows, arrows and archery itself, but I would like to start this page for people who are archers.
Now I love archery it is one of the things I will make time in any day to do. There is just something about it that I love.
I own a few bows and make up my own arrows and quivers, but I have that illness where I am always looking for something new but never seem to find it.
My bow at the moment is a Great Northern Critter Gitter sp bow. It's not the fastest or best looking bow that i own but it's the bow that seems to work for me.
I do try other bows that i own like yesterday i was using a recurve bow but for some reason couldn't hit a thing, which really mucked my day up. As i kept thinking i should be shooting better, i should be able to hit that, i should be using my other bows. It wasn't until earlier today when shooting my critter gitter again that i hit the mark every time. And a little bit of happiness back into my life.
I will post photos of my archery gear to share, please do the same.
Thanks.

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have far too many bows but my last osage bow is the current favourite. Just starting to get used to the weight too, around 55lbs.
I was recently shooting it for distance with some semi-light arrows. The field was 250 yards long and I missed, very happy.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
We did our Have-A-Go Archery at the Mount Edgecombe Green Man Festival last weekend and the interest in even basic archery is tremendous with a lot of people having the satisfaction of thumping arrows home into the target and saying they would like to take up archery as a hobby. Ii's fun getting complete novices to shoot quite well.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Dwardo that sounds great, I will have to have a look at that bow.
I will have a look at the falco as I am not sure whatvthey are like.
I seem to have two mind sets when it comes to my archery set ups.
First i have my wood self bows, that i like to use selfnock arrows and my animal skin quiver to hold them in, in my minds eye it is the setup i would want if i lived 4000 years ago or if teotw happened and i was trying to stay alive.
The other setup is my GN bow with my waterproof back quiver with my matched arrows and bow quiver, again in my mind it is the setup I would want if I was in the wilds or again teotw.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
My favourite bow is a 70lb renaissance style longbow from Steve Ralphs. With my modern bodkin tipped ash shafts it is a joy to shoot although one can get out of training for the weight. Sometimes I will just use 50lb longbow for ease of shooting if the rheumatics is playing up.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Steve, I think Chris is right Pennie does have a Falco if I remeber right...

Chris gave the the tee and the Hoddie for Oakwood this weekend.. well chuffed thanks for getting them , and thanks for ttransprting them Chris.. :).

Looking forward to this weekends shoot :)

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Will try and look out for thebow at the shoot if she is there. No worries on the tops I like mean.
Will also have a look see at the other bows on show, just to see what people are using.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
So was told always leave on a good shot when it comes to archery never a bad shot.

Attachments

• 20140506_204310.jpg
    20140506_204310.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 79

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
That's the target but I think I got mine from archeryworld.co.uk as they were £89, it was a xmas gift and a very good one at that.
I use it at home and have taken to tge archery club to be shot by a few of us, it's heavy ish but you can throw it and then choose at face and shoot.
Ive shot it with field points, broadheads and blunts and it just keeps going and healing over.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE