Anybody Else Old Enough To Know What This Is?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I remember it. How many of y'all do?

1001561_679412308784261_393559001_n.jpg

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
And a jolly good idea they were too! (Still not too sure of the boundaries here, hence the "jolly" in there!)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Takes you back that, my lovely old Triumph Dolomite Sprint had one of these lovely buttons!

overdrive_2.jpg

Overdrive, linked with "Hyperdrive" in my fuddled old brain.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
foot operated dip/high beam swithch, had a land rover back in the 1970s that had one of those, it also had a variable hand operated accelerator that could override the foot accelerator which kept the vehicle at a constant speed by notches on the hand device, used to be great to drive motorways foot-free from pedals just slip the hand device into notch to maintain a constant cruising speed, relaxing but dangerous but back then mototrways were not so busy as nowadays.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Takes you back that, my lovely old Triumph Dolomite Sprint had one of these lovely buttons!

overdrive_2.jpg

Overdrive, linked with "Hyperdrive" in my fuddled old brain.

Dolomite sprint....now there was a great car👍 much kudos to you😎

Sent from somewhere?

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
Trafficattors, I believe, is the technical term. I remember my Dad fitting indicators to an Austin A35, as the flippers were almost invisible! Also reversing lights. It was more fun before all cars came equipped with
a. Everything
b. Computers
Mind you, the old ones came equipped with Rust as I remember!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Dolomite sprint....now there was a great car much kudos to you

Sent from somewhere?

Thank you Sir - though you may rescind that when you hear of her colour! Dolly was light green with a pink stripe from bonnet to boot. A hang over from her racing days.

And Blaidd, on the rust front my Alfasud could be watched rusting before your eyes. Remember leaving an outline of rust the wrong side of a humpback bridge after taking to the air when being over excited with the accelerator.:eek:

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
It was more fun before all cars came equipped with
a. Everything
b. Computers
Mind you, the old ones came equipped with Rust as I remember!

and unsynchronised gear boxes, i learned to drive by ''double declutching'' the young today may never of heard of that. They also came with tons of chrome that pitted or went yellow if not polished regular.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Overdrive double clutch primer or playing with the choke and every car was different had its own personality ,the days before transverse engines apart for bmc motors ,changing the clutch in a couple of hours "-) , the burn and smell of plastic on chairs on a hot summer day , bench seats ,zodiacs mk1 cortinas that looked like space ships .......

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE