Another Kit Pic!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mosnan

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2008
Leeds
Just to join in on looking at other peoples kit, I though I would show what I'm taking for a 3 day trip next weekend as I was packing anyway ;)

We're going to be making our own shelters and only taking a few veggies along with oil, salt and pepper, stock cubes, flour etc and hopefully hunt and fish for the rest.

We should be camping in the same spot for the duration hence not travelling too light!

Kit list:

65 Litre Rucksack
Swag - Thermarest, Goretex bivibag, 3 season sleeping bag
Trusty Hat
Micropillow
Reflective space Blanket/waterproofs - not pictured
Shooter mits
Cotton scarf
Wash kit
FAK
Tatonka Mug
Tatonka 2.5 & 4l kettles
Crusader mess tin
Spoons and spork
Hook knife
Woodlore clone
Lofty Wiseman Tool
SAK
Folding Saw
Toologic Survival Knife
Head Torch & spare batteries
Fenix TK10 LED Torch & spare batteries
Brass Candle Lantern & spare candles
Tinder
Firesteel
Webtex Survival kit (fathers day present!)
Waterstones
Notebook and edible food guide
Paracord
Binoculars

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm73/Mosnan/?action=view&current=bushcraftkit182.jpg

Hope you like and any comments appreciated.

Water bottles and filtration system to be added and ziplock bags for waterproofing.

Nicolas

All the gear, some idea.

_Geraint_

Feb 8, 2008
Lancashire
I'd like to see a picture of it all packed up. :D

That is a lot of kit, what rucksack is that? And are your FAK and washkit pencil cases? :D

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
I hate clicking those image links so here :)

bushcraftkit182.jpg

Mosnan

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2008
Leeds
I'd like to see a picture of it all packed up. :D

That is a lot of kit, what rucksack is that? And are your FAK and washkit pencil cases? :D

Its a Eurohike Wilderness 55 - its done me proud the last 4/5 of years but you can tell the quality isn't there and will need replacing some day.

Its all packed with spare clothes/dry food and coming in about 32lbs just need to add waterbottles to side pocket and find somewhere for a bottle of rum!

I dont think I would take this much kit if I had more than 1 hour walking to a base camp but lucky for me I don't this time, I'm sure I could cut some things down if need be.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm73/Mosnan/?action=view&current=phoebebath064.jpg

And yes they are pencil cases:)

Nicolas

Prophecy

Settler
Dec 12, 2007
Italy
Some nice kit there!

Personally I wouldn't bother with a sharpening kit, or at least not Water Stones because of the bulk and weight.

The sharpmaker is a lot lighter and can easily touch up an edge.

I don't bother with any - just bring a spare knife in case the others go blunter than I would like.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
That's a lot of cooking gubbings!

Then again I can't talk I have two mess tins, a billy can, a titanium cup, a camp stove, two hexi-burners, a crusader cup and lid, a super cat stove (home made thing) and a US copy mess kit. Just in the process of trying to work out which to get rid of an which to keep. Plus I also have my eye on a bushbuddy stove. Oh dear. :(

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I would leave the stones, and perhaps reduce the cooking gear. More string, if youre making a camp as you never have enough. Would a small shovel be of use?

It all packsaway though.... I assume you'll remove the Lofty tool from the back of the pack...;-)

Nicolas

Forager
Jun 2, 2008
Dublin
Very nice kit,

Here is how to attach images or

Copy the direct link from Photobucket.

Than souround the image with
tags... ;)

Like this

phoebebath064.jpg

Mosnan

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2008
Leeds
Thanks for all the comments,

I'm quite a keen cook, hence all the pots and pans and cooking over an open fire is a passion of mine - I'm thinking of a wild sorrel and rabbit rissotto for this trip to break the kettles in - no more shiny pans:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE