an Email i recieved .......be aware :)

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Hello,

I am sorry for reaching you rather too late due to the situation of things right now.My family and I had a trip visiting Manila Philippines,everything was going on fine until last night when we got attacked by some unknown gunmen. All our money,phones and credit cards was stolen away including some valuable items, It was a terrible experience but the good thing is that they didn't hurt anyone or made away with our passports.

We have reported the incident to the local authorities and the consulate but their response was too casual, we were ask to come back in 2 weeks time for investigations to be made proper,But the truth is we can't wait till then as we have just got our return flight booked and is leaving in few hours from now but presently having problems sorting out our bills here and also getting a cab down to the airport, Right now we're financially strapped due to the unexpected robbery attack, Wondering if you can help us with a quick loan to sort out our bills and get back home. All we need is (3,000 £ ) I promise to refund you in full as soon as I return home hopefully tomorrow or next. write back now to let me know what you can do.

Thank You.

STEPHEN

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
Blast I can't help him at the moment but there is a very nice Nigerian lady who has just asked me to put a couple of million into my account from her late fathers slush fund! Maybe we could get them together? :):lmao:
Colin

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Hello ...

It's an amazing coincidence but just last night I found a box of gold in our shed. Now I'm sure it's not mine, and I reckon it would be wrong to keep it, so I'd like to give it to the poor guy stuck out there in Manila as a gesture of goodwill.

Robbi, I'd be very grateful if you'd drop him a line asking him for his address -- tell him I'd be glad to send it to him by FedEx.

Just ask him to send a couple of hundred dollars to cover the shipping charges, that's all I'm asking for, it's a very heavy box of gold. :)

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Hijacked email account. Ancient scam this one, I first saw it 98ish.

The real s middleton no doubt doesnt have a clue its even going on.

Actually, just thought, would it be mean to send a pic of you holding 3k cash, just for sheer devilment? :)

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
My Mum received a similar email last week and was all set to send whatever money she could scrape together to her friend who she'd received the email from... until my step-dad reined her in and told her it was a scam. Took some convincing to get her to finally stand down. All she could think of was poor Angelique being robbed at gunpoint.

Scary thing is people naturally could so easily fall for it when they see the sender is someone they know.

Incidentally I'm still waiting from my Nigerian banker to deliver the $5milion he wrote to me about 2 years ago, I sent him all the relevant my bank details too. Perhaps I should give up hoping? :confused:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
My Mum received a similar email last week and was all set to send whatever money she could scrape together to her friend who she'd received the email from... until my step-dad reined her in and told her it was a scam. Took some convincing to get her to finally stand down. All she could think of was poor Angelique being robbed at gunpoint.

Scary thing is people naturally could so easily fall for it when they see the sender is someone they know.

Incidentally I'm still waiting from my Nigerian banker to deliver the $5milion he wrote to me about 2 years ago, I sent him all the relevant my bank details too. Perhaps I should give up hoping? :confused:

About that Dad, when I typed those details in it said they weren't correct, think you got the sort code wrong, could you please fill them out again here? Thanks your loving son (adopted)

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I've had one too from a "friend" who felt the need to inform me that Rome was in Italy. What was really stupid was that the email was illiterate. mis-spelled and ungrammatical. The lady from whom it was purported to be is, in fact, a well respected Cambridge academic known for her meticulous and accurate use of English!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've been seeing this sort of thing (more different kinds of scams than we could possibly list here) for some time. In response, I've developed a foolproof way to block them from my e-mail and in addition disable the sender's computer while alerting the police to their location!

It's a fairly expensive process though; but if any of you would like me to share it with you, just pm me for my address and send me $500 in small unmarked bills to cover my expenses and I'll get the CD to you immediately.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I've been seeing this sort of thing (more different kinds of scams than we could possibly list here) for some time. In response, I've developed a foolproof way to block them from my e-mail and in addition disable the sender's computer while alerting the police to their location!

It's a fairly expensive process though; but if any of you would like me to share it with you, just pm me for my address and send me $500 in small unmarked bills to cover my expenses and I'll get the CD to you immediately.

Good I like it.

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
I'll get it sent across to you but can you lend me £50 for the postage as that much cash in fivers is pretty heavy.
Colin

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
We've had them, tailored to the person you know, even using their normal signatures!

Shame they were sitting next to me when the email came in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE