Altberg factory shop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Any one been ? I'm planning a visit to get fitted . Can't decide between field n fell , bergan or sneeker ?
Cheers
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
They aren't cheap for a custom fitted boot, but they will measure you and tell you which of their pre made boots fit :) What do you want from your boot? Rigidity, lightweight, waterproof?

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Light and rigid, not made my mind up on fully waterproof yet . I like their country boot as well. Maybe an unlined and have a pair of seal skin socks for 3-4 days / nights solid wet weatherwear. Going to ring them today , to see abaht going up at weekend . I like the look of the insoles they sell aswell, as I've flat feet :eek:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've been, & realy rate the field & fell. As a dog handler i found they more than stood up to everything we threw at them. Sadly now we have to wear issued items. The wide fitting boots are only carried in stock on certain models, the f&f is'nt one of them, & usualy are on a 6 wk back log.
What they can do if you book in advance, is measure your feet properly( remember to take the socks you will wear with the boots with you)tell you what size you need, then fit them to you.
Agreat service from a great company, i've been thinking of another pair before i retire, as i can currently get a discount.

Rob

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
No wish to thread jack but planning on a pair of boot purchases this saturday, was looking at Lowa mountain boots (possibly combat pair for me) for me and the lady for walking tour of Scotland highlands and islands in September. How do these compare versus Altberg boots?

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Any one been ? I'm planning a visit to get fitted.

Yes, a number of times. Top class service from people who know and care about what they're doing. They were the first -- and as yet only -- people to notice that my right foot is an inch further around than my left foot.

Can't decide between field n fell , bergan or sneeker ?

Choice of boots is obviously a very personal thing so I don't really think I can help you there, but I'm sure they can. :)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
No wish to thread jack but planning on a pair of boot purchases this saturday, was looking at Lowa mountain boots (possibly combat pair for me) for me and the lady for walking tour of Scotland highlands and islands in September. How do these compare versus Altberg boots?

Given a choice, & i've had both, i would choose altbergs, but that is a personal view.

Rob

GST138

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2007
North Yorks
I have had and have a number of pairs of Altberg Boots. The shop is great, staff fitted my most recent pair of walking boots giving some really good advice. I would say what sets them apart for me is the fact that they will re-sole them. I have two pairs for Police work that I have had since I started. Just got both resoled at £45.00 each but much cheaper than buying new ones. Strongly recommend them.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Obliged Rob. What is better about Altbergs over Lowa then?

Certainly for me, its the fit, i found it perfect, followed by the service you get. Some people criticise the sole, mine were used almost all the time on hard surface, but i also used to go walking in them, & i found it very hard wearing & giving more grip on slippery stuff than the lowa sole.

Rob

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Certainly for me, its the fit, i found it perfect, followed by the service you get. Some people criticise the sole, mine were used almost all the time on hard surface, but i also used to go walking in them, & i found it very hard wearing & giving more grip on slippery stuff than the lowa sole.

Rob

How many boot making companies will assess your feet and then be honest enough to tell you , another companies boot would suit you better ? That's quality an customer care for you :cool:

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Yes, a number of times. Top class service from people who know and care about what they're doing. They were the first -- and as yet only -- people to notice that my right foot is an inch further around than my left foot.

Not been myself but a mate said the same good service from staff who care.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Obliged Rob. What is better about Altbergs over Lowa then?

They are made in England, if you go to the factory for foot sizing you get them molded to your feet.
Took about four hours made to measure, this was due to hammer toes they remolded the front for comfort.

The sneeker model comes in aqua model,popular with those nice chaps in Colchester garrison. If black is not to your liking have a look at the brown option.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
I'm currently using Unlined P1's.
Love them.
I have a mate who uses the sneeker for training runs, so a light boot and superbly comfortable.
Not the most robust type of boot though.

I think he uses the field and fell for other stuff(will need to ask him)

To be honest, as I think has been said, you will know know the right boots when you see them(and I don't think you can go wrong anyway).

When my P1's need a new sole I will probably tell the wife I need a new pair as my current ones are done, might try a different type tho' ( I will however get the originals resoled:cool:) .
Made to measure? Lovely!

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE