All-Weather Boot of Natural Rubber and Canvas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
I love this site with a passion. They sell the things that people used to use and that still work better today than some of their modern equivalents so you get what you pay for. Read as frighteningly expensive. However i do get the impression that with these products you buy once and keep for 40 years if you know what i mean.

Anyway, i have been thinking about the boots in question for a long time. I simply can't justify the expense so i indulge in daydreaming and window shopping.

Please let me know what you think about them or any other products on their site ( no affiliation etc ).
http://www.manufactum.co.uk/Produkt...fNaturalRubberandCanvas.html?suchbegriff=boot

subedarmajor

Forager
May 25, 2008
winterton uk
I've just had a look and one or two of the items for sale had my pet lip going.
I just don't earn enough!

I think that in the past we (the missus and I) have bought some smaller less terrifically expensive items and they've been worth the money and some.

Cheers, Alan.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I love this site with a passion. They sell the things that people used to use and that still work better today than some of their modern equivalents so you get what you pay for. Read as frighteningly expensive. However i do get the impression that with these products you buy once and keep for 40 years if you know what i mean.

Anyway, i have been thinking about the boots in question for a long time. I simply can't justify the expense so i indulge in daydreaming and window shopping.

Please let me know what you think about them or any other products on their site ( no affiliation etc ).
http://www.manufactum.co.uk/Produkt...fNaturalRubberandCanvas.html?suchbegriff=boot

Of course you now realise after posting that link I have to hunt you down.... You're just to bad a man Biko. I really like that stuff, and I need no more stuff....
GB

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Oops:D
Did i get you all hooked?
I stumbled on this site one day when my electric kettle broke down. I was looking for a quality stove top kettle . Don't look at the brass ones they have or your missus will kill you lol.
After that i looked at every item they sell trying to figure out which part of my body i could do without to afford it all.

In the year 3020 when we have all perished on this land and new explorers come. I am sure that their warehouse will be the only thing left standing containing still working artifacts of the race called humans.
That and the rock cakes my mum makes:lmao:

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
In the year 3020 when we have all perished on this land and new explorers come. I am sure that their warehouse will be the only thing left standing containing still working artifacts of the race called humans.
That and the rock cakes my mum makes:lmao:

And Keith Richards.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
I think i would need to get a shotgun and find the nearest post office for a quick withdrawel
LOL
after spending an age to find a proper shoe poilsh brush , gb finds one last month and now this mob has one with proper bristle too probilly the only thing on the site I can afford .

bob

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
'100% hemp laces'
that can't be legal right? lol look nice but £200 :eek:
iv wasted way too much on boots and they never do fit me right, gona go back to good ol army boots:eek:

pete

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
'100% hemp laces'
that can't be legal right?
pete

Yes. The battle of Trafalgar was won with the entire Royal Navy rigged with Hemp rope. It has been the principal cordage for the British Empire in its day. The expression 'smoking old rope' is derived from the alternative use for the flowers of the plant, not the fiberous bark.:240:

Bravo4

Nomad
Apr 14, 2009
New Mexico, USA

In Maine that's known as a Bean boot. I lived up there when I was a kid and just about everyone wore them. I really liked mine and would love another pair someday. I might be wrong but I believe it was a guy named Leon Leonwood Bean who first crafted the leather upper-rubber bottom boot. No hemp laces but if you like the style,
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...c&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&cat4=502767

j.dee69

Mar 7, 2009
Lancashire
I don't like how the soles of them look! take a look at the pics of them, the soles are convex. it would be like walking with a pair of woks straped to your feet. lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE