Accurate First Blood Knife. FULLSTOP.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It's still working for me. I'm currently doing an in depth review of his new knives. Testing to destruction if it's possible. Here's a taster...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay, I am old and jaded - and have handled some jaw droppingly good knives. However you have piqued my interest with that new post M. Deval :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Not long now, I'm putting it through everything I can think of that a survival knife might face and will be doing it. I just need to figure out where I can get hold of an old elephant and I'll be done.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I can't see where your going with this ? How can you review a " survival knife" unless you've survived with it?
If David Morrel had known Mark Hill was going to start creating knives a couple of decades later...hold on stop. It wasn't David who put the emphasis on the knife.....it was Teddy ?

Any road......how can You profess to be able to say.....this knife.....yes ....?
Yours
Curious. X

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Because I can put it through the same series of jobs that you'd expect a survival knife to do. They don't test seatbelts and airbags by sticking people in cars and driving off a cliff you know :lmao:

'Survival knife' is a bit of a misnomer anyway. It's hard use outdoorsmans blade.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
'yawns' impressive answer.....abaht what I expected.......

Let's get down to it......it's not the knife....(which helps) it's knowledge & experience.....

Survival is a word that could mean so many different scenarios and how long does somebody need to survive
.....could be a moment , a minute , a hour , day , week , month.....

Perhaps you should look back at how YOU. Word things.......?

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
An a outdoors man should only have to use his knife ' hard use ' wise.....once a blue moon.....cause he knows a better way ..
....surely ?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I'm testing a knife. If you want a psychological discussion about survival and the linguistic interpretations. You may be tad disappointed.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have to say that Jon, as a man who:

Travels internationally in inhospitable places using knives for real bush work
Has been medevaced from the Jungle when a jungle knife (that I had used) failed and laid him open
Has designed a highly respected bushcraft knife

..is one of the people who I believe has enough experience designing, using and understanding the failure of knives to be highly credible in his reviews.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I have to say that Jon, as a man who:

Travels internationally in inhospitable places using knives for real bush work
Has been medevaced from the Jungle when a jungle knife (that I had used) failed and laid him open
Has designed a highly respected bushcraft knife

..is one of the people who I believe has enough experience designing, using and understanding the failure of knives to be highly credible in his reviews.

Im obviously uneducated then......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE