Accurate First Blood Knife. FULLSTOP.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Pointles but COOL

Actually, there's quite a big point on there.

P1010168.jpg

Excellent for poking stuff.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I have to say that Jon, as a man who:

Travels internationally in inhospitable places using knives for real bush work
Has been medevaced from the Jungle when a jungle knife (that I had used) failed and laid him open
Has designed a highly respected bushcraft knife

..is one of the people who I believe has enough experience designing, using and understanding the failure of knives to be highly credible in his reviews.
Good promo.....but hardly validated ?
I don't see his knives being bought , touted or praised on bcuk. Must be so good their like 'fight club '
I bet makers like Mark , Ben , Alan etc can't sleep .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hey if you don't want to read his reviews, well don't. The man flies out to jungles to protect and survey dangerous creatures, uses knives hard in some of the most inhospitable terrain in the world, to the point that he has been seriously injured by them failing on him and into him through hard use.

I'm not sure what more qualifications are needed to review a knife?

For the record I think the Rambo knife is fugly - but Jon likes it for its associations - and its probably very well made. I do like the look of that new knife though. Looks a neat design.

Mar 27, 2014
Wirral
That is an absolutely stunning knife though I don't think I could ever justify spending £750 on something that I'm just going to dribble on twice a day ! I know the knife is not to everybody's taste and the general opinion is that the knife would be of limited use outdoors ( at best lol ) but I think over the years it has got a lot of people interested in bushcraft and outdoor activities and that's no bad thing .

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
It's still working for me. I'm currently doing an in depth review of his new knives. Testing to destruction if it's possible. Here's a taster...

Now, I like the look of this one! Any info. about dimensions, weight, availability, how to order one, et cetera? I am sorely tempted... Dammit!

survival_me

Jul 22, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I know this might be an old thread but it FINALLY HAPPENED FOR ME!! I finally got my handmade Gil Hibben Rambo 3 knife...But adding to that, not only did I finally get my Andy Wood Handmade First Blood Movie Knife, but I also got an Andy Wood Handmade Rambo Mission movie knife as well, aka RAMBO 2 knife!!

I tell you guys, I could not be Happier!! I already had two rare handmade First Blood movie knives, one by Bill Schiller and the other one by Ray Matton...And Now, I have one by Andy Wood And his amazing RAMBO MISSION knife too!!!!!

Andy Woods quality, attention to detail, and spot-on details to Jimmy Lile's original movie version is Beyond Comprehension!! I am just ecstatic that I own these knives by Gil Hibben And by Andy Wood!!

So ya see folks... Dreams do come True!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE