A walk in the woods with Ray Mears - only 4 places left at the mo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Just been sent details. Not going myself but thought I would share
http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Course/Special/647-Walk-in-the-Woods-with-Ray-Mears/
[h=4]Unlocking some of nature's hidden secrets[/h]
getimg.cfm
Secrets of the forest - look deep into the forest and what can you see? Trees, bushes, birds, plants and what else? Walking with Ray is one of the most fascinating experiences you can encounter. What just seemed to be the woods becomes an enchantment and an historic enlightenment, as he takes you back to how our ancestors lived in harmony with their surroundings telling stories as he goes.

Ray will demonstrate bushcraft skills offering you the chance to have a go! This eventful day will be full of surprises - you could be making fire, eating from nature's larder, or making cordage; it depends on where you are and what nature has provided.

Please bring a packed lunch, wear good walking boots and bring along wet weather gear just in case!
[h=3]
13 May, 2012 - 13 May, 2012
booknow.gif
[/h]
Course Name: Walk in the Woods with Ray Mears - Unlocking some of nature's hidden secrets
Course leader: Ray Mears
Course Size: 20 (maximum)
Cost per person: £350.00 (inc VAT)
4 places remaining as of 15/11/2011 18:18
Please note this course is not suitable for children under the age of 11 years. All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

[h=3]
arrowdown.png
12 May, 2012 - 12 May, 2012
fullybooked.gif
[/h]

[h=3]
arrowdown.png
07 May, 2012 - 07 May, 2012
fullybooked.gif
[/h]

[h=3]
arrowdown.png
06 May, 2012 - 06 May, 2012
fullybooked.gif
[/h]

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Nice Chap. First met him about 9 years ago. [Must have made a ton by now.]
[£350 for a day.............no thankyou.]

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yep...........wouldnt mind 21k for a walkabout............Keeping Shtum......................

Last edited:

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
I would love to take part but if I had £350 to spare there are so many more things I could better spend it on.

Good luck to him - he's only charging what the market will pay.

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
Sad really as Mr Mears seems like a decent bloke [from what i have seen of him on t' telly]

He likes to educate us on appreciating natures bounty and the beneifts of benevolence of spirit etc etc - which is all supposed to be free.

£350!! - he should be ashamed

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Surely that's £35 not £350!

Yes you're right, there's a typing error..............that should read £3,500............................if ya wanna walk in the great man's footsteps & breathe the same air as him, then ya gotta pay.....................the poor chaps only trying to make a living.
I wonder how much the Dalaï-lama charges for a bimble in the woods ?

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
I thought this was a rip off to begin with but the more I think about it the more it doesn't seem too bad, at the end of the day he can't do it all the time as he is busy doing other stuff (admittedly probably making more money) but at the end of the day it's probably not going to happen a lot and would more than likely be a once in a lifetime experience.... Or a good story to tell down the pub :D

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Im almost sure there even used to be a discalimer a few years back, for this specific course, 'A walk in the Woods with Ray' 'stating that 'Ray may not be able to turn up' :eek:

Last edited:

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
to be honest id be tempted, theres not many people as succesful as ray that are happy to take the time to still do courses and give people like us the chance to meet the man that most of us think so highly of, he could just charge £299 and get a member of staff to do it and still be booked up.
thats my thoughts anyway, im off now to stair at my ray mears poster wearing my ray mears pajamas whilst swinging my ray mears axe!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE