A voice from the past.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Hi all.

I stumbled across this site and forum by accident and can’t believe how useful it’s going to be.

In my work I study, recreate and teach about the lives of ancient peoples. Iron-age, Roman, Saxon and Viking. This involves many skills that you might consider under the title of “Bushcraft”

In my spare time I indulge my other passion which is landscape photography and this takes me out into the wild and under canvas (or just the stars) on many occasions.

I grew up around the hills and dales of Westmorland and now live in Lancashire.

I’m sure I’m going to learn a great deal from you all but I hope I can put something back in too.

Attachments

• waylandheim.jpg
    waylandheim.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 117

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Wayland said:
Hi all.

I stumbled across this site and forum by accident and can’t believe how useful it’s going to be.

In my work I study, recreate and teach about the lives of ancient peoples. Iron-age, Roman, Saxon and Viking. This involves many skills that you might consider under the title of “Bushcraft”

In my spare time I indulge my other passion which is landscape photography and this takes me out into the wild and under canvas (or just the stars) on many occasions.

I grew up around the hills and dales of Westmorland and now live in Lancashire.

I’m sure I’m going to learn a great deal from you all but I hope I can put something back in too.

Hi and welcome mate
I am sure we can learn a great deal from you.
I am happy you found us.

cheers
Abbe

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Welcome aboard, glad you found the place :D
Any questions you have please feel free to ask. We have alot of knowledgeable folk on here and at least one of them can probably answer your questions.

Make yourself at home... and enjoy

Ed

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Huge welcome to you mate, it's great to have you. Let me know where in Lancashire you are as there's a few of us up here and we try to get together every now and then!

IT looks like you've got stuck in so I'll skip my usual get stuck in speal!!

Thanks for joining
:D

PS....You've got some fantastic photos on your site ;)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Tony: Thanks for the welcome. I recon there's no point getting involved in something if you're afraid of getting your feet wet. Sort of like life really.

I'm based in Shaw, just North of Oldham so, geographicaly, I only just qualify as a Lancashire lad, (I'm not too sure about the "lad" bit these days either :( )

Being handy for the M62 it's useful for getting around though.

Glad you like the photo's, bit of a labour of love I suppose but it's a damn good excuse to get out in a mixture of conditions.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Welcome Wayland - the photograph of Castlerigg stone circle reminded me of my first visit there about 10 years ago.... it was late evening and the atmosphere on that occasion was beyond description...very special and it hasn't been repeated on subsequent visits. Enjoy your time here, we do....

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Wayland said:
Hi all.

In my work I study, recreate and teach about the lives of ancient peoples. Iron-age, Roman, Saxon and Viking. This involves many skills that you might consider under the title of “Bushcraft”.

Hello, Wayland.

As a (former) "Dying History" Viking re-enactor from just down the road (Stalybridge), welcome.

The re-enactment/bushcraft crossover is quite striking (and unsurprising, I suppose) and noticable to me from the living history stuff I'd done in amongst skirmishes ;-)

There seems to be some crossover in the axe fetish department, too...

Jim.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE