happy holidays from the carribean

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
hi! i've been absent from the forum for about five month for various reasons (see my thread " ruediger roll and a rant" for some details): after one incident too many i left my previous employer and moved to an off- grid farm in the jungle -- the owner found himself facing an ocelot in his chicken coop and i had a neotropical otter a few feet from me cruising the river. perfect for relaxing from the nonsense i had before! helping out as a tour guide and demonstrating bowdrill fire to tourists provided me with the funds to buy a new phone, my current little hut was self-built from bamboo (with zinc roof :) ), i also started practising with slingshots again...
i don't get much what's going on in the world anymore but i hope everyone has a happy holiday period and i'm able to "stop by" here occasionally again :) !

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I hope your own holidays are happy too :) and that 2023 is a very good year.

Right now some Caribbean sunshine would be welcome here. Shortest day and the Sun didn't appear at all where I live. Overcast and rainy all day.

M

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
That all sounds excellent, I hope that you have an epic time out there and yes, there is some envy floating around!!
have a great Christmas and New Year and I hope we see some more of you on the forums with some adventures and some pics!!!

Reactions: forrestdweller
I hope your own holidays are happy too :) and that 2023 is a very good year.

Right now some Caribbean sunshine would be welcome here. Shortest day and the Sun didn't appear at all where I live. Overcast and rainy all day.

M
not much sunshine here lately as it's our rainy season-- i've to sleep under two blankets and need a t-shirt even during daytime... :)
but being in nature is a good compensation and hopefully we'll get some sunshine (and reception) again... (==since someone stole the cable two weeks ago our whole area is without connection and it's a one hour walk to a Wi-Fi spot...)

quick update: a week ago we had a BBQ with a group of students from a european university who were here for a two-week field trip -- one week of which was in our area. i helped out as a tour guide and on the evening of the BBQ (coincidentally also Australia Day) demonstrated bowdrill fire -- one girl gave it a try and after several attempts succeeded which makes her my first successful student :cool: (afterwards i found out that she's doing field archery which explains her persistence...)

Reactions: crosslandkelly

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE