A tribute to my dog...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
It is with great sadness that today I announce the death of my beloved dog Archie. Forgive the rather bleak post but I am hoping it will help with the healing process.

Archie was 14 and a half years old, a very good age for his breed, and at just 20 years old myself has been with me for 2/3rds of my lifetime. He was put down as his quality of life had deteriorated to an extent that there was zero chance of recovery. He died with dignity with no suffering around those who loved him best.

He will be deeply missed by my family, especially my mother who was often alone with him for long periods of time whilst my father was away on work and my sister and I away at boarding school.

He was, in his better years an extremely happy, bouncy and mild mannered dog. He never snapped, bit or hurt any other dog or any human being once.

His favourite vice was undoubtedly cheese, which he was extremely fond of, sensing the removal of the cheese box from the fridge despite his location in the house!

Here is a photo of him, with an atrocious haircut I might add, from his better years

PC200046.jpg

Rest In Peace my friend, I loved you dearly, and I shall miss you always and will never forget you.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
As you know, I understand your pain. Dogs never stay with us as long as we want them to.

He looks like a character, treasure your memories and remember the dignity.

Richard

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, they go to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals that had been ill and those who grew old are restored to health and vigour. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance……

His bright eyes are intent. His eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster…...

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...............

Sleep well Archie until then.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
I read your thread with a lump in my throat and more than one tear in my eye.
Sincere condolences at this sad time my friend, Archie will still be watching you and looking after you.
Paul

Last edited:

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
i feel your pain and this forum was a great help to me on loosing my best mate its still very hard but is getting easier
so hard reading these threads with out a tear but all the best to you mate

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Sorry to hear it. He looked like a real character, Schnauzers always look like disgruntled elderly gentlemen to me.:)

Having been through it I can assure you time is a great healer. Don't feel daft about mourning, it's neccessary.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
It's a horrible thing I know exactly how you feel.

--------------------------------------------
"If we had some bacon we could have bacon and eggs, if we had some eggs"

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
It's always with a lump in my throat that I read these types of threads :(

I'm really sorry for your loss but you summed it up well... he's not gone completely, he'll always be with you in your heart and memories.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Had to do this twice over the years mate,never easy but the dogs welfare has come first.
Keep your chin up mate,he'll be watching you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE