A simple coat / blanket carrier.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Again, thanks for the kind words :eek: .

Yes nice project Phil with 'tailorable' options

Indeed :D . Not too hard to do either, I think this one took about 10 minutes to knock together ~ which includes gathering everything together and deciding on lengths and widths :D .

very nice - been meaning to knock one of these up myself with the addition of a couple of D rings to add a shoulderstrap

I'm thinking three D-Rings ~ to allow vertical as well a horizontal carry. It might also end up with a belt clip ...

You would be amazed how many people tell me that.......

:rofl: I really wouldn't you know :rofl:

Very nice work.

Be handy to have a slim easy to pack option to carry your coat on your back when out for a walk. May copy you ;)

Feel free. Drop 'coat carrier' or 'blanket carrier' into your Google-Fu and see a whole plethora of ideas unroll :D .

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Inspired by decorum's original post I made this (admittedly after looking at the blanket roll on the Frost River website :))

I wanted to keep it a lightish colour and instead of dying it I just used boot polish and to be honest i'm a bit disappointed with the finish but i'm sure it will darken over time.....

Coat sling.jpg

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I wanted to keep it a lightish colour and instead of dying it I just used boot polish and to be honest i'm a bit disappointed with the finish but i'm sure it will darken over time.....

goodjob The veg-tan will darken with age and will also pick up a patina as it's used ~ you can give veg-tan a bit of a tan by just leaving it in direct sunlight ;) .

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
goodjob The veg-tan will darken with age and will also pick up a patina as it's used ~ you can give veg-tan a bit of a tan by just leaving it in direct sunlight ;) .

Brill...thanks, as soon as we get some sun i'll give it a go, soon I hope!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE