A simple coat / blanket carrier.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Again, thanks for the kind words :eek: .

Yes nice project Phil with 'tailorable' options

Indeed :D . Not too hard to do either, I think this one took about 10 minutes to knock together ~ which includes gathering everything together and deciding on lengths and widths :D .

very nice - been meaning to knock one of these up myself with the addition of a couple of D rings to add a shoulderstrap

I'm thinking three D-Rings ~ to allow vertical as well a horizontal carry. It might also end up with a belt clip ...

You would be amazed how many people tell me that.......

:rofl: I really wouldn't you know :rofl:

Very nice work.

Be handy to have a slim easy to pack option to carry your coat on your back when out for a walk. May copy you ;)

Feel free. Drop 'coat carrier' or 'blanket carrier' into your Google-Fu and see a whole plethora of ideas unroll :D .

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Inspired by decorum's original post I made this (admittedly after looking at the blanket roll on the Frost River website :))

I wanted to keep it a lightish colour and instead of dying it I just used boot polish and to be honest i'm a bit disappointed with the finish but i'm sure it will darken over time.....

Coat sling.jpg

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I wanted to keep it a lightish colour and instead of dying it I just used boot polish and to be honest i'm a bit disappointed with the finish but i'm sure it will darken over time.....

goodjob The veg-tan will darken with age and will also pick up a patina as it's used ~ you can give veg-tan a bit of a tan by just leaving it in direct sunlight ;) .

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
goodjob The veg-tan will darken with age and will also pick up a patina as it's used ~ you can give veg-tan a bit of a tan by just leaving it in direct sunlight ;) .

Brill...thanks, as soon as we get some sun i'll give it a go, soon I hope!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE