A pretty entertaining stop search!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I feel safe carrying my swiss army champ, as its the only manufacturer actually mentioned on the governments website as being legal!

https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

Now honestly Mick, did you mention your profession?
I wonder what would have happened if you did not?
Would you have been treated as well?

I actually didn't mention Dave! All I said was that I was happy to be searched, wasn't carrying anything illegal and that he had the time it took for the bus back to town to arrive to conduct the search. Honestly can't complain with treatment, was very professional and curteous throughout. I've mentioned it in the past when they get uppity mind! But I get stop searched maybe 3 times a year. Maybe I just look shady!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I remember when I was 18, coming out of a club in Bingley,
At about 1am- 2am. The only club in the town that stayed open that late. Its been renamed many times since. Used to be called porkys.
I was the first out. We'd been dancing with some girls, usual group of us, and I walked down the cobbled street opposite the train station.
No-one around in the town, feeling pretty good, not staggering drunk or anything like that. Good night out. No trouble in the club.
I got to the bottom of the street first, as I turned around some of the lads, were just making their way out. We normally went for a chilli kebab.
It was really quiet no suggestion anything had been happening, and the pubs had been closed for hours.
I turned and waited at the bottom of the street, for Mark.

When suddenly, a small panda type police car, parked at the bottom of the street, lights off, two lads got out, not much older them me, say 22. Both uniformed oficers.
Walked towards me, without saying anything. One of them walked behind me, put both his arms across his chest, holding my arms behind my back, then the other one began punching me in the stomach. They moved me back into the shadows. Lots of little niches between the buildings, there full of crisp packets out of sight of lamposts.

At no point was anything said. To each other or to me. It didnt even hurt, I was just in shock and denial about what was occuring. I didnt even protest i was that shocked.
As Mark reached the bottom of the street looked to his right, saw me being assaulted, and they slowed.
Then another police car drove around the corner, and pulled up. And they stopped.
I havent written this to slag off the police. I know there are police on here. I hold no aminosity. I wasnt seriously injured. Just something that happened.
It really shocked me more than anything else.
I've also met coppers who seem like really decent people of course.
I dont normally tell that story, but it was obviously something these two lads had been taught by older members of the force. They'd been sitting waitin fo the first unlucky bugger to come out of the club to give hm a kicking. Maybe it was a dare. I dont think there hearts were in it. Then again....
Happened around 1990.

Last edited:

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Good God! Suppose there's always one little power tripper. I've been sprayed in my time, got myself acquainted with the dogs too! But in fairness I may have been protesting at the time :rolleyes: but then a bite from a German shepherd and sore eyes and throat are a small price to pay to stand up for what you believe in!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Ruud

Jun 29, 2012
Belgium
www.rudecheers.wordpress.com
Since signing up as a cop now 6 years ago I must've heard/read these kind of rants every single day, in papers, on TV, on the street, the internet. Think that our 'power' to fine people has a lot to do with that. But nevermind, going to finish my waffle
COZ4Zz6WwAEExBp.jpg

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That photo reminds me of the ones i kept seeing showing the proper way to use your bear spray on bears before my US trip

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
That photo reminds me of the ones i kept seeing showing the proper way to use your bear spray on bears before my US trip
He looks to be standing upwind like so that waffle might have got spicy quickly! Horrible that stuff too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE