Losing Weight!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Can't stand coffee, never drink it. Even the smell makes me gag, so it's not a problem for me.
But tea... that's another story! I need at least two large mugfulls to get the motor running.
I don't take a teapot though.
Am I the only one who carries at least five drinks? Tea bags, Coffee, Chocolate, Stock Cubes and Hi5 tablets.
This is the first time I have heard of someone who does not like the smell of coffee.
I am considering adding a tea ball to my kit for pine needle tea etc.
Coffee bags have been a revelation so my Vietnam coffee set ups get left at home.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I’m not sure whether I’ve mentioned this here or on another forum but:

I was motivated by @Coedwigwr thread about weight. I’m a car voyager these days but I used to enjoy minimalist trekking.

Once a year I re-read S E White’s book “The Forest.” The second chapter is on “Going Light”. The book was published in 1908 and his total kit inc. food weighed around 60lbs (27K). (He hunted and fished a lot) This was transported in a duffel slung from his forehead!
Kit is VERY much lighter now and we backpack but:
His philosophy and approach to his kit is worth the read.

Just an example here.
On return from a trip he would pile his kit in 3 heaps.
- Never used on this trip.
- Used for convenience but there were other ways.
- Used daily.
He would do everything that his psyche would allow to ditch the first two piles.
Indeed things like first aid come to mind but that doesn’t detract from the basic idea. There’s are many stories of porters European and First Nation, who carried 100lbs slung from their foreheads but ……. well it’s inspiring to read about!!!!

What’s the least we really need?
What’s that thing we’d never leave behind never mind the weight?
I thought this thread was about losing weight. I Had hoped for some slimming tips lol. xxxx

Reactions: Minotaur

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I thought this thread was about losing weight. I Had hoped for some slimming tips lol. xxxx
Slow Carb diet from Tim Ferriss' book 4 Hour Body. Really works. I would ignore or investigate further the vitamins he advises however the diet really works.
It also worth looking at the Fast 5:2 diet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE