A Food & Shelter Challenge...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
good idea about the book Teepee, will add that to the free bees, ref fishing kit, if it fits in your tin then you can have it. the idea behind the tin was allot of people have a small tin like that with some basic kit in stashed in the car etc etc, so you would probably have access to it.

the whole idea of this challenge is to test skills with minimal kit, i have done it before with 5 items but that was quite uncomfortable, i was hungry too.

should be a good test when i get round to it....:)

Thanks for that mate.

Nothing really bothers me except missing food (and fags but thats covered), I figure grilling a couple of trout with some spruce/pine tea is about all the belly filler I'm likely to get :)

Foraging ain't my strong point.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Thanks for that mate.

Nothing really bothers me except missing food (and fags but thats covered), I figure grilling a couple of trout with some spruce/pine tea is about all the belly filler I'm likely to get :)

Foraging ain't my strong point.

your a lucky man if you can get trout where you camp, i cant, i will be eating lots of veg and roots, maybe some critters if i can find any, the area i will be using is nearly all pine so not all that good for foraging really...

i used to live in Cambridge for 4 years, and Peterborough has lots of water around the area though...:)

Sappy

Forager
Nov 28, 2011
Braemar
This could be fun.

Where im staying at the moment has no water that isnt contaminated heavily with chemicals so i assume hauling in 3 days water is cushty? providing i boil it?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
This could be fun.

Where im staying at the moment has no water that isnt contaminated heavily with chemicals so i assume hauling in 3 days water is cushty? providing i boil it?

yep you can have water as free item as there is none at your site....you just need to eat some more worms to make up the points...:rolleyes:

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
your a lucky man if you can get trout where you camp, i cant, i will be eating lots of veg and roots, maybe some critters if i can find any, the area i will be using is nearly all pine so not all that good for foraging really...

i used to live in Cambridge for 4 years, and Peterborough has lots of water around the area though...:)

I'll prolly head off somewhere to do this mate, somewhere up in Scotland is likely. Nene fish are an 'acquired' taste anyway :)

realearner

Forager
Sep 26, 2011
kent
Very interesting thread, would like to play but I don't think I am unto that standard yet. But I will keep watch and see what I can learn from the outcomes.
Good luck to all.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Very interesting thread, would like to play but I don't think I am unto that standard yet. But I will keep watch and see what I can learn from the outcomes.
Good luck to all.

why not have a try just for the day, it get rid of most of the risk but by not taking food would give some incentive, add-least to get a fire going and boil some water sourced from your site.....

give it a go, you will be fine, just ask if you need any help....:)

realearner

Forager
Sep 26, 2011
kent
why not have a try just for the day, it get rid of most of the risk but by not taking food would give some incentive, add-least to get a fire going and boil some water sourced from your site.....

give it a go, you will be fine, just ask if you need any help....:)

I might just have ago at a one day with minimal gear, maybe just my little survival tin :)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
thats it Nathan, after all every person chooses different items in their survival kit...as long as its just a small tobacco type tin, not a massive biscuit tin..;)

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
hmm i just wish i could get a 3 day pass this kind of thing is on my wishlist but unless i take at least one of the kids it will be a no goer (wouldn't put my lads through it lol)

i even have the perfect spot for it assuming it doesnt have to be a wood i would chose a coastal spot ;-)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hhhhhhhhm, coastal would be perfect, lots of easy protine and veg, nom nom nom....;)

give it a go for the day and see what you can find and cook with just a survival tin...:naughty:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE