A big, BIG thank you to Hugh

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
When I announced that I was recuperating after some surgery, Hugh (British Red) offered me a 'care package' to help my recovery. "It'll be nothing dramatic" he said. I accepted, feeling slightly guilty at making the most of my illness in order to sample Hugh's wares.

It arrived today, in a huge box. Wow! Just, wow! :Wow:

19754239539_56eda3dde1_b.jpg

Ok, so I expected a bottle of parsnip wine, and I was right. What I didn't expect was the raspberry wine, chilli jam, sloe jelly, garlic heads, bunch of carrots, big bunch of parsnips, 2 red onions, two large white onions, and four smaller onions, bowl of dried apple slices, and bowl of dried strawberries that came with it.

Nothing dramatic he said! I am astounded.

The generosity of some people on this forum is incredible.

Hugh, :You_Rock_

Thank you. It will all be very much enjoyed and appreciated. There is nothing more that I can say to this. I have a huge grin on my face. :D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
He is a gent at that, good folk looking after good folk. The warmth on here is allways nice. I too recieved a care package of Truely Simple soap to help me out when I was getting some surgery the other year. Made me feel good.
Hope your healing well and well done to Red for helping you out.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its little enough Mike, you do lots for all of us! So many insects would be a mystery to us without you, we need you healthy!

I have received so many kindnesses on this forum, from Toddy and Muddypaws just this month, and from Kepis, Bilmo, Hillbill, Fgyt and so many more that it's nice to pay it forward for a change.

Oh the little onions are actually monster shallots! I think I won't be getting many pickled onions to a jar this year :eek:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Its little enough Mike, you do lots for all of us! So many insects would be a mystery to us without you, we need you healthy!

I have received so many kindnesses on this forum, from Toddy and Muddypaws just this month, and from Kepis, Bilmo, Hillbill, Fgyt and so many more that it's nice to pay it forward for a change.

Oh the little onions are actually monster shallots! I think I won't be getting many pickled onions to a jar this year :eek:

I thought that they were shallots. Great stuff. It will all be used and enjoyed although the alcohol will have to wait until the heavy meds have been stopped.

I will pass the goodwill along as per the spirit of the forum. :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
He's good people is our Hugh. Kindness is always rewarded, and he'll never be in debt :beerchug:

And even though you study some weird arachni-ento-biological weirdness, I s'pose I'll send some heartfelt get well gladness to you old fella ;)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE