A Big Thank you To Tony. shelly. and the crazy crew!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
Just got home safe.
A very big thank you to Tony. shelly for Organising a brilliant Nearly two weeks of the bushmoot.met some lovely people. old and new. All credit goes to them and their motely crew behind the scene. Did a Rustic stool carving.course. all credit goes to Bod and Jules and peter for thier combine wealth of knowledge in green wood working and basketry.
will do something different next year.
Also all credit goes to Captain Badger. Mad dave and his wife and chef for putting on a good show at the NaughtyCorner.
cant wait for next year.
see yoy all. god bless.
cheers the interceptor boy

A BIG THANK YOU.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well said Hans!

As someone said to me at the Moot, it's not always what you walk away with that matters but the new skills you've acquired making that first item. The leather Kindle cover I made is not the best in the world by any stretch of the imagination, but simply learning certain things will ensure whatever I do afterwards will be slightly better as a result of actually having a go.

See ya next year matey.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
That was my first moot and I was expecting sort of a training camp. I have learned some skills. But I left with a tear in my eye and a bunch of friends in my heart.
Big thanks to the mods for the hard work and patience, but also to the rest of the people for making it a heartwarming experience. I felt a part of your family even before I unpacked my bag.
I will be back again for the skills, for the freedom, but mostly to see you crazy people again.

Earthgirl

Forager
Nov 7, 2012
Wales
Can I please add a huge thanks to everyone :)

For anyone a bit unsure about going. Just go!!!!!

Don't go with any expectations, and you'll meet a superb bunch of people, having a superb time and just 'muck in' with whatever's going on.

Everyone is so friendly and kind even if they've never met you before :D

We could only manage a day and volunteered to do a few bits and pieces.

You will have a blast... :D

Thank you to everyone we met and I still don't know who half of you were, sorry folks and a huge thank you to Pippa I believe her other half is on the forum, she was an absolute star on Tuesday morning helping us, give her a hug from us please.

Thank you all :D

JohnnyB

Jul 26, 2013
York
I would also like to add mine and Max's thanks to Tony and Shelly for organising the Bushmoot. It was our first one and we left feeling like we were saying goodbye to old mates. So many fab people with great skills who are so enthusiastic about sharing and helping others. Big thanks to Wayne and Dave for the bow making course (was happy as a pig in the proverbial when I loosed off 6 arrows from my newly fashioned bow on Thursday (recommend the course by the way, you get two for the price of one, bow making and sarcasm! (all for the greater good, THE GREATER GOOD, blimey, there I go again).

Thanks to all at the Naughty Corner for giving us such a fab welcome and for embracing us (Max in particular) into the fold, George for organising the archery and giving us the bow and drill kits, Mad Dave for showing us how to use them (we got fire, YIPPEE!), Phil for lending Max a hammock, Stu for giving Max a hammock, Mr Fenna and Mr Biker for being thoroughly good blokes and to anyone else not mentioned (Jeez anyone would think I'd won an award).

All in all, a really great experience that will never be forgotten, we really want to see you all again next year.

In the meantime, just joined as a full member, so unfortunately you will have to put up with us even more on the forum now

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE