72 pattern webbing, use it or sell it?!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Got a set of as new 72 pattern webbing that i bought new from SASS in the eighteys. Been toying with using it again as it so comfortable to wear, but been trying to get away from the paramilitary look!

So am thinking maybe sell it and use funds towards civvy style webbing made out of a Mexpedition Sabrecat clone
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330471595001&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
And adding Snugpak Daysack yoke plus bottle pouch.

I know there are many webbing experts here (and a lot who will rant on about why would ya?!) so would like CONSTRUCTIVE opinions!

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
If you are happy with it, I would hang on to it as I fear you might well regret getting rid of it as so often the money means so little over time... OTOH I've got some 58' webbing which I know I will never you again as it's uncomfortable, heavy (even when it hasn't soaked up water) and it will take the skin of your fingers by the time the webbing is set up in a half decent manner.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Only used it twice in twenty years! just dusted it of and loaded up to see about using for overnight camp. Been thinking could set up a better rig to sort me and sell on to a collector who really would appreciate it!

nuphoria

Jul 11, 2009
Midlands
I'm often torn between nice old stuff and newer lightweight, waterproof etc gear that lacks the character.

I think the practical beast in me goes for the newer stuff mostly, and it would be a few quid on the pot for the things you really want. I sell things a lot that I'm not using, mostly due to space issues!

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Its become very collectable now as it was never issued...If you do feel llike selling it let me know and ill make you an offer.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Ok cheers guys, this will probably be up for sale soon! Just waiting for my new bits to arrive first to be sure I like as much...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE