Ebay are irritating Morons.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
......So I just bought a little mikro canadian, and wanted a kydex sheath, to use it as a necker.

I find this kydex sheath on ebay.com, I click on buy it now, and i get the message;

We are sorry but the item you selected may not be purchased due to Seller shipping restrictions, country specific import/export or other relevant restrictions.
{e45114-778539x} Error code: 70226 70205

I contact the seller, who reports it to ebay and asks me to try to buy it again, and it still won't let me buy it now, and instead i get this message:

Dear Buyer
To prevent the circumvention of the eBay.co.uk and eBay.ie Weapon and Knives policy, it is not possible for you to bid on, or buy this item.
Thank you for your understanding.
eBay Trust & Safety
{e45123-651407x}

Im not buying a knife from the USA, but so what if I was? Who the hell are ebay to tell me I can't buy a blooming penknife from abroad?!

Morons.
:rant:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Its ebays game and they make the rules which you have agreed to, cant see why you are complaining.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Its ebays game and they make the rules which you have agreed to, cant see why you are complaining.

Well obviously Im complaining because I cannot buy a kydex sheath.

Can you show me where Ebay says i can't buy a kydex sheath then, as you seem to know the rules?!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
As a thought seeing as you're in communication with the seller why not buy direct from him and pay via Paypal.

It'll save the seller his ebay fees and you'll still get your sheath :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
As a thought seeing as you're in communication with the seller why not buy direct from him and pay via Paypal.

It'll save the seller his ebay fees and you'll still get your sheath :)

Yes, he offered to send me a private paypal invoice Steve, and asked for my email address, but ebay kept blocking me sending my email address to him.

No biggy. Just winds me up having to deal with a load of unnecessary obstacles before my morning coffee!!!!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Its probably due to an algorithm making decisions rather than a human being, saves money = more money for ebay shareholders.
Stick em and ask one of the many on here to knock you one up ;)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Yes, he offered to send me a private paypal invoice Steve, and asked for my email address, but ebay kept blocking me sending my email address to him.

Break the email down into gaps and spell out the @ symbol i.e. Joe dot Bloggs at yahoo dot com

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Well hes knocking em out for £13 delivered from the states.:D I doubt anyone could match that?

Im sure your right. It will be some automated thing.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
No, Ebay wont allow you to send what it considers an email address within messages; you can try to spell things, or break the address over two or more messages, that tends to work - I have had similar issues in the past, and one of the reasons why I dislike using ebay to sell items.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I can't even get stuff sent out to Saudi.
Since I've got a UK account I can't buy blades etc even if I'm not sending them to the UK.
Very irritating.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Who the hell are ebay to tell me I can't buy a blooming penknife from abroad?!

They are the company your using to broker the deal - unfortunatly they can do what they like.

email the seller and private buy...

just be grateful they havn't used thier influence at paypal to stop it being a payment method

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE