Ebay are irritating Morons.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Unfortunalty thanks to massive pressure from Crme watch EBay Knee jerked banned all knives in UK sales (well apart from Kithcn and woodworking tools )

so anything with knife in the description or blurb gets stopped even 2 bits of wood for scales if they are called Knife scales

I can sell my Spoon knives on Ebay as they are woodworking tools but im not adding the 20 odd % extra Ebay and paypal charge for the privilege

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
they are money robbing anyway, they own paypal too, so your looking at 25% charges, not so bad when its 2 quid from a tenn, but for for 200 quid ie £50, and they dont even administer an electronic page properly. I want a set charge site like the bargain pages site. Postage on top it isn't worth it.

What I've seen them do on ali baba is write a poem or piece of writing with certain letters highlighted to spell the adress. Something from the joan of ark thread is the morse code or the binary code translator.

What are the charges like on ali baba ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
In most knife crime incidents the person was stabbed with a kitchen knife.

Anyway, the seller has sent me his email address as hedge crafter suggested.

hisname at yahoo dot com, with an invoice so thats sorted then.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I bought a folder off ebay a few months back, nothing special, but still a blade...

it was one of these...

$(KGrHqR,!ogFI561bsu0BSVONc8Mb!~~60_12.JPG

Good to see their policy fails occasionally.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Send your seller a nominal sum for something like a button. 30p or similar.
That will give him your email and postal address, and it will give you his email address since it's all attached to the paypal account.

Ebay is a right royal pain these days :( and I only buy, heaven help those who sell.

M

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Dave,ive just made my first kydex sheath and its easy.
Can you not make your own and by-pass ebay morons:D

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Well, I think Im ok now Mary, but thanks a lot. Yeh it does look easy enough Wulf. I think it would have cost me more for the rivets and the sheet, and stuff than the £13 delivered this guy was charging.

Cheers though.

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Well, I think Im ok now Mary, but thanks a lot. Yeh it does look easy enough Wulf. I think it would have cost me more for the rivets and the sheet, and stuff than the £13 delivered this guy was charging.

Cheers though.

Ive just had a look and i have a piece left over big enough so if you dont get sorted i will make you one F.O.C but you'll need to send me the knife.goodjob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE