22 year old opinel 4 still sharp from the factory

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 23, 2014
west yorks
Just dug out my first ever pocket knife. '92 olympics special edition opinel 4.
Was my edc for years (before teachers pointed out i shouldn't have an edc knife at school!) then got left in a drawer for at least a decade, found it today and it's grubby, but still sharp. Used to use it every day as a teenager, and i've never sharpened it!
Going back into service as my new edc, so i don't *have* to buy a spyderco bug!

Photo to follow when i figure out why my ftp server appears to be down!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
No one has to buy a spyderco :D... the less i see of those horrid things the better i will be.

Opinels are a timeless classic....:)

I have a 7 and an 8, great knives. :)

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I was given a second hand one in the late 90s by someone I was working with, unfortunately I seem to have lost it and as such have replaced it with another. The old one had a bit more charm about it, I had never needed to sharpen it, it was very impressive. Hopefully the one I have replaced it with will last long to enough to be given to my son in time.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I prefer the number 9 :)
I first started using Opis when I was still a teenager and , although I have lost some, I have never broken one, had one rust up or jam beyond use, they certainly hold an edge and sharpen easily.
Simple, effective and relatively cheap the Opi is a great little knife :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have a no6 for me its the perfect pocket knife, I have had mine for 25 years and it was old then, probably 35-40years old, the handle is now dark brown from use the blade has a patina that only comes with age :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE