2012 bcuk Advanced Arctic Expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
so you guys will be looking something like this on the plane ....
0.B4!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=jpg

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
I can see a case of pack size envy coming on :)

I can see synthetic filling envy coming on when we are up to our knees in coffee and snow slush ;)

If in the end this expedition doesn't continue as planned for some reason, we will have to organise a 'come as your favourite polar explorar or inuit' party instead.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I am going 'double synthetic ' Softi 12 ( Harrier ) With a Softie Elite 3 Inner.
My Issue arctic bag was not quite up to it on its own last year , guess I could put the Elite 3 inside the arctic bag !?? I
Think I shall do a ' bulk ' test.
My best.
Chris.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
'Double bagging' may not prove to be as effective as you'd hope as the inner bag gets crushed and can not loft properly.

skaus84

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 15, 2008
Liverpool UK
Well if peoples sleeping bags are not quite up to the challenge, I guess there is always the option of zipping compatible bags together and snuggling for warmth...

Now the only thing to decide is who will be the big spoon and who will be the little spoon!

Last edited:

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
I was unable to use the computer. I put on two norgie pullies (a medium over a small) and then the ECW anorak. Man that is toasty. Not too practical perhaps but it was fun (I hope nobody saw me :eek:)

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Kit heads up for wool lovers !
I was in Endicatts on Saturday and Kev has some great Danish military wool trousers in, good size range as well ( up into the 40s I think ! )
Nice highish waist keep kidneys warm, add some buttons and braces, buy over sized and tuck all but your last two layers in, great quality too,
Nice and thick.
Also they have the ( Dutch ? ) wool Helly Hansen fleeces in again. I took one on my last arctic trip and shall be doing so again this year.
Light but very warm, good fuzzy airtrapping loft to these and the benefit of thumb holes in the long cuffs.
Hope this is of some interest.
My best.
Chris.

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
After all the Baffin boots I have seen mentioned, I thought I might mix it up a bit. I am going to give these boots from our german friends Seil Marschall a try on our little trip ;)
Still a bit old school but will hopefully keep my feet from turning into ice cubes.....

139_0.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE