2012 bcuk Advanced Arctic Expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'm definitley up for sharing a cabin. At those prices, I think its a good idea and I'm in. However....

After checking the norwegian air site and seeing my flights have gone up and only one seat is left, its left me with a tiny turtlehead and i'm itching to book the flights tonight or asap. Im going to norway in march whether the course happens or not.

Edit; I had a another look and theres a few other flights that arent booked up yet that aren't too much more. The thought of spending a few days with a bed and somewhere safe to sleep if the weather comes in, along with getting to know a few of you guys before the course appeals. I just cant justify the extra £550 for the basic course too unfortunately, even though I'd love to. It would mean cancelling more work aswell.

I can fly out on Tues 6th and share a cabin, or get out there later on the 8th to fend for myself til the course starts. What do you guys think?

If its very likely that people are up for a cabin or at least something , I'll book the earlier one and take the risk of the extra 2 days out there.

Last edited:

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
As a plan B I am up for sharing a cabin. I could fly in a few days before the scheduled course date, but can't add a week.
I would be looking at being in Norway from the 8th to the 16th March. Perhaps we can work something out.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
As a plan B I am up for sharing a cabin. I could fly in a few days before the scheduled course date, but can't add a week.
I would be looking at being in Norway from the 8th to the 16th March. Perhaps we can work something out.

Ducky, we seem to be shooting from the same side. The other guys are obviously waiting to find out about the basic but we could probably get something sorted and leave an open ticket for the other guys to join?

I could stretch to splitting a cabin 2 ways for a few days if the basic goes ahead as I hope it does. Best case scenario is that ID and Wayland book the preceeeding days and we meet them at the cabin. Worst case scenario is for the cabin to be booked up before we get there and ID and Wayland have to find other accomodation for all of the week, or part of it before they meet us at the cabin.

3 days of Arctic BBQ'ing and hopefully some ice fishing/skiing before the course should help acclimatise.

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
I could stretch to splitting a cabin 2 ways for a few days if the basic goes ahead as I hope it does. Best case scenario is that ID and Wayland book the preceeeding days and we meet them at the cabin. Worst case scenario is for the cabin to be booked up before we get there and ID and Wayland have to find other accomodation for all of the week, or part of it before they meet us at the cabin.

3 days of Arctic BBQ'ing and hopefully some ice fishing/skiing before the course should help acclimatise.

If we could arrange a cabin for the days prior to the advanced course with an option to extend if the course doesn't run, that would be great.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Were covered all ways then, sounds like a plan to me. Time to book the flights then :)

I'll try and get the 8th march flight, it gets in to Bardufoss in the evening with Norwegian from Oslo Gardermoen.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Having a hard time finding flights for this trip folks!
I am NOT a frequent flyer, so any advice would be great !
I am traveling from Somerset so am thinking LHR Airport ( thats were I flew from last time )
Not sure how to piece the flights together, I can bearly think straight this year has been ( is ) so hard.
ANY ideas ?
Thanks.
Chris

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
As Woody wrote elsewhere-

As stated in the terms and conditions and Expedition description the go/no go date for the expedition is the 15th January. Between now and then all number of things could affect whether the Expedition runs, not just the lack of student numbers.

These measures are put in place to protect both the individual and the expedition providers. If some one wants to risk booking their flights before this date (to get a better deal) they do so completely at their own risk and niether BCUK nor Bushcraft Expeditions take any responsibility for any loss incurred as a result, should the expedition not take place.

Woody

The terms and conditions are very specific on this issue, however the bit about this being a measure to protect both the provider and attendees doesn't ring true with me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE