2012 bcuk Advanced Arctic Expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thats another possible hassle solved for us.

Good to know I can readily get some fuel that doesn't need the jet on my Omnifuel poking before every brew.:rolleyes:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Alkylate Petrol is widely available in Norway and fuel of choice for petrol stoves amongst many stove users there, burns very clean, Aspen is one brand I'm told same as Aspen 4T in the UK.

I picked up some Aspen locally a week or so ago, they've now dropped the T off the end if anyone's looking for it.

Mine is produced by Lantmannen in Sweden so you should be able to grab some in Norway

Woody

Forager
Does anyone know where the nearest fuel station is to the airport for petrol for the stove and if its open late at night?

Teepee (and every one else) there are two petrol stations in the village just down the road where those that require it can purchase their food and the taxi/transport service as per the original instructions (below) available to get there. All the facilities are within 50 meters of each other and are within walking distance (1.5km approx) of our first days location for those that fancy walking down.

Catering: The Expedition is on a self-catering basis. Students can either bring rations from the UK or purchase locally. Transport will be provided on day one at a cost of £2.00 per person/per trip to the local supermarket to purchase rations. Cooking: Meth's burning (or similar) stoves – Students to provide, (Meths and unleaded can be purchased locally) and/or open fires.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
2nd March
07:02
16:55
9 hours 53 mins
Central European Time (CET) GMT+1
3rd March
06:58
16:59
10 hours 1 min
4th March
06:54
17:03
10 hours 9 mins
5th March
06:49
17:07
10 hours 18 mins
6th March
06:45
17:11
10 hours 26 mins
7th March
06:40
17:15
10 hours 35 mins
8th March
06:36
17:19
10 hours 43 mins
9th March
06:31
17:23
10 hours 52 mins
10th March
06:27
17:27
11 hours
11th March
06:23
17:31
11 hours 8 mins
12th March
06:18
17:35
11 hours 17 mins
13th March
06:14
17:39
11 hours 25 mins
14th March
06:09
17:42
11 hours 33 mins
15th March
06:05
17:46
11 hours 41 mins
16th March
06:01
17:50
11 hours 49 mins
17th March
05:56
17:54
11 hours 58 mins
18th March
05:52
17:58
12 hours 6 mins

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi All

The following is an official list of all those that have paid their deposits for this expedition and consequently represent the numbers so far:

1.wayland
2.teedee
3.skaus84
4.Greg
5.teepee
6.JamesBentley
7.iceman81
8.I**C******
9.Chris the Cat
10.DUCKy
11.imagedude

Please note there is currently a cancellation waiting list and people waiting have been informed of this available place.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
How many on the cancellation list Becky ?
Up to 12 can come on this trip , so will someone now move up from the waiting list?
My best.
Chris

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi Chris

There are currently 3 on the waiting list and the first has been informed of the available place I am just waiting on confirmation from them

Becky

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi All

The following is an official list of all those that have paid their deposits for this expedition and consequently represent the numbers so far:

1.wayland
2.teedee
3.skaus84
4.Greg
5.teepee
6.JamesBentley
7.iceman81
8.I**C******
9.Chris the Cat
10.DUCKy
11.imagedude
12.Into_the_Wild

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Hey Guys,
Becky has just added me to the Advanced Arctic Expedition course after someone unfortunately had to pull out. Which is great news for me, although a bit of a shock as I really didn't expect to be going. So I will have to play catch up with what has been previously discussed in terms of 'everything' really.
I haven't really had time to have a good look through all the threads I haven't long joined BCUK, but I shall over the coming weeks, so just bare with me if I ask any stupid questions, or post anything that you've all already been over possibly more than once (be gentle!!). And ignore my GrammEr!! Lol!
Anyway, hope to catch up to speed soon and if there are any threads in particular any of you think I should have a gander at first, I'd be much obliged (apart from this one & the Arctic Expeditions threads). Which I'll be onto asap.
I have got one question though, Is anyone going from Wales (Im south), if so how, when, how much etc, etc ? because I've only looked today but am finding travel and flight times etc to be a bit of a struggle ( Rv/drop off times, dates difficult & expensive to meet).
Thanks in advance. Shane
(p.s Im posting this on the Arctic course discussion thread as well)

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Shane, glad you can make it sir!
I will be traveling from the SW ( Somerset ) and flying out from LHR.
I went on the first BcUK Actic trip two years ago, if I can help in any way, give me a shout.
Look forward to meeting you.
my best.
Chris.

skaus84

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 15, 2008
Liverpool UK
Unfortunately I was made redundant yesterday and the company I worked for have informed me that they cannot afford to pay me my last months wages so I have had to withdraw from this and the basic Arctic course. At least there is a waiting list so the advanced should run regardless!

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Anyone got any suggestions regarding catering. I don't fancy living on beans, Pot Noodles and biltong but can't think of anything else at the moment.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Anyone got any suggestions regarding catering. I don't fancy living on beans, Pot Noodles and biltong but can't think of anything else at the moment.

I've booked an extra bag for food :)

I'm filling it with;
Homemade potato farls
Packet pasta meals
Spiced Cous-cous
Loads of malt loaf, some pre spread with butter
Mattessons sausages
Hard boiled eggs
Loads of dried fruit-bananas, raisins, ginger
Nuts
Couple of blocks of cheese
Bodybuiding powder
Plenty of milk powder-full fat and skimmed
Box of flapjack bars
Muesli bars
Plenty of choclolate with nuts
Tangfastics ( the best sweets in the world)

I'm going to get some food there too, hoping to pick up reindeer meat, reindeer salami, Gudbrandsdalen cheese and some fresh veg that will survive a freezing.

Thats breakfast sorted, don't know what I'm going to eat for dinner :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE